[Rdo-list] Moving Docs builds of RDO-Manager

Ben Nemec bnemec at redhat.com
Fri May 8 14:42:26 UTC 2015

Sorry, forgot to come back to this yesterday.  Thoughts inline.

On 05/07/2015 04:13 AM, Jaromir Coufal wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> I wanted to sync with you if we could coordinate the movement of
> documentation from:
>
> https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/instack-undercloud/*
>
> to:
>
> https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/docs/*
>
> with following sub-directories:
> * ../docs/master
> * ../docs/sprint4
> * ../docs/sprint5 (doesn't exist yet)
> etc.
>
> Since we don't have any date for testing day yet, I think we can do it
> this week.

True, but we do have a bunch of people working on demos for the end of
the sprint, so I'd prefer to hold off until Monday.  At this point one
day more or less isn't going to hurt anything.

> For old sites, I don't think that we can somehow control redirects, so I
> would suggest to place there temporary index.html file with information
> that docs moved and direct people to new location (example:
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/215975/).

+1.  In fact, I'd suggest we replace every html file in the old location
with such a redirect.  That way people (like me:-) who always have the
docs open and just refresh them periodically will get sent to the new
location automatically.

So if there are no objections I'll look into updating all the build
targets on Monday and get the redirects in place.

-Ben