[Rdo-list] openstack-neutron-gbp for delorean

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 14 20:05:32 UTC 2015

> Hi Ihar,
>
> GBP development currently trails the main OpenStack development cycle a bit.
> Hopefully this lag will shrink substantially for Liberty. We expect to have
> a kilo-gbp-3 release out any day that will make sense to package for RDO and
> Fedora Kilo versions, and the final Kilo GBP release should follow soon
> after. Unfortunately, whats currently packaged still requires Juno.

Thanks Robert for the heads-up.
I'd rather package as early as possible GBP release, so that we could
test it before the final release. So when kilo-gbp-3 is out, please update the
package in rawhide and ping either apevec or I for RHEL/CentOS builds.

> Can you explain what exactly it means to "move openstack-neutron-gbp
> development under delorean roof"? Does this mean that the Fedora packages
> would be generated from the RDO packages? I think that would be fine. If you
> will be at the OpenStack summit next week, we can discuss this there if you
> like.
>
> -Bob

Nope, Delorean is our platform to build packages from master which allows us to
find out and then fix early packaging issues before final releases.

If you're going to Vancouver, please consider attending the RDO meetup !
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/RDO_Vancouver

If you have questions about Delorean, feel free to ask us, Derek
-Delorean lead- will
be there in Vancouver too.

Regards,
H.