[Rdo-list] Packaging the big tent (or at least part of it)

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 27 19:21:12 UTC 2015

> Not sure I follow that — it seems similar to the existing pkgdb EPEL
> and Fedora branches, isn't it?

We're not using EPEL anymore for many reasons.
1. we can't ship multiple versions of OpenStack on RHEL/CentOS through
EPEL (we support currently 2 on EL7)
2. update policy is compelling us to maintain releases that are not
supported upstream
3. we moved to CentOS Community Build System for EL7 builds.

If there was a possibility to improve that setup, I'm willing to give
it a shot but we'd have at best to manage 2 instances
of pkgdb.