[Rdo-list] RE(4): RE(2): Attempt to setup RDO Kilo per recent Trello instructions on F22 RC1

Javier Pena javier.pena at redhat.com
Thu May 28 15:10:36 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

> You may install RDO Kilo on F22, I spent 4-5 hr to complete install.
> As soon as you get "chkconfig --add service" returns 1
> Respond `systemctl enable service` && packstack
> --answer-file=./answer-file-xxx-yyyy.txt.
> More over ( for instance) when IP_nova.pp crashes , check
> `systemctl | grep nova` && enable all running nova services.
> Same hook works for glance,cinder,neutron,swift. It's a simple
> shell script accepting via command line parameter (nova,neutron,...).

> I took per single service care for
> iptables,httpd,mariadb,mongod,openvswitch,memcached

> It improves a knowledge of services been activated during packstack
> run. I am not kidding. I release that it will be fixed pretty soon, just
> wanted to get RDO Kilo running on F22 and got it.

Hi Boris,

I have been looking at this issue, and it looks like it is a bug in the Puppet side. From https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet/blob/3.x/lib/puppet/provider/service/systemd.rb#L10 , it seems that Puppet only uses the systemd provider for services up to Fedora 21, which leaves the new F22 with chkconfig, which creates the issue.

A quick edit to /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/provider/service/systemd.rb allowed me to get going, so now we just need to fix it upstream and in the Fedora package.

Regards,
Javier