[Rdo-list] Neutron-openswitch-agent configuration workaround in RDO Juno/Kilo and now in Liberty

Markelov Andrey amarkelov at yandex.ru
Thu Nov 5 08:02:54 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

If we will see at Juno and Kilo installation guide for CentOS at docs.openstack.org we can see documented workaround about  /etc/neutron/plugin.ini (symbolic link to ml2_conf.ini) . We need to edit start script for openswitch-agent as documented.

With Liberty that workaround does not works because /usr/lib/systemd/system/neutron-openvswitch-agent.service was changed. “Any” plugin.ini now not in –config-file options for Openswitch-agent.

And it not documented in Liberty install guide.

As solution you can rename /etc/neutron.plugins/ml2_conf.ini to /etc/neutron.plugins/openswitch_agent.ini and it will work.
Time by time I lead OpenStack Training cources and I want to explain config files and procidures in “right way”.

My questions are
What the idea behind deleting plugin.ini from –config-file options?
Is the ml2_conf.ini obsolete?
Is the plugin.ini obsolete?

--
Best regards,