[Rdo-list] Neutron-openswitch-agent configuration workaround in RDO Juno/Kilo and now in Liberty

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 12:47:46 UTC 2015

Markelov Andrey <amarkelov at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Thanks for clarification!
>
> No, as I wrote before it is not documented in Liberty,
>
> but Kilo & Juno:
>
> "Due to a packaging bug, the Open vSwitch agent initialization script
> explicitly looks for the Open vSwitch plug-in configuration file rather
> than a symbolic link /etc/neutron/plugin.ini pointing to the ML2 plug-in
> configuration file. Run the following commands to resolve this issue:"
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/yum/content/neutron-compute-node.html

Yeah. So long story short, the text you quoted was always wrong, and they
finally fixed it by removing the notion of ‘a packaging bug’ which was
never a packaging bug in RDO but a documentation bug in upstream docs.

I am glad to hear it’s not there anymore. That said, I would make sure that
they actually have proper instructions on how to configure the agent (using
openvswitch_agent.ini). [For linuxbridge, they are correct:
http://docs.openstack.org/liberty/install-guide-rdo/neutron-compute-install-option1.html]

Ihar