[Rdo-list] Neutron-openswitch-agent configuration workaround in RDO Juno/Kilo and now in Liberty

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 15:19:49 UTC 2015

Markelov Andrey <amarkelov at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Ok. Thanks!
>
> And if we are talking about plugin.ini/ml2_conf.ini according to network
> node in Kilo doc -
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/yum/content/neutron-network-node.html
>
> For whom plugin.ini/ml2_conf.ini is needed? Neutron-server is started
> only on control node.
> So it seems the only who used plugin.ini/ml2_conf.ini is
> neutron-openvswitch-agent (but in wrong manner after "bug fixing")?
>
> Andrey

I believe it’s the same as for compute nodes. Since network nodes also run
L2 agent, that’s how the docs suggested to configure the L2 agent (which
was, as I wrote before, always wrong). Now that in Liberty we renamed the
config file of the agent in a way that did not leave any space for
misinterpretation, they fixed the docs.

Ihar