[Rdo-list] Attempt to reproduce https://github.com/beekhof/osp-ha-deploy/blob/master/HA-keepalived.md

Alessandro Vozza alessandro at namecheap.com
Sat Nov 14 17:56:23 UTC 2015

Hi

cutting some html, responses inline:

> Actually, using bondings and external network provider of VLAN type,
> controller nodes may have 3 VLAN's : bond0.100(management network),
> bond0.101 (tunnel network) and bond0.102(external-network).
> Then tune haproxy with keepalived for a virtual ip setup on bond0.100

In my case, I even collapse tunnel network with the general/management/provisioning network (where my foreman smart proxy lives and provision bare metal); it’s a routed but secure network. My nodes thus have two interfaces:

-bond0 (untagged native vlan for provisioniong)
-bond0.112 (external traffic, no nodes have an IP)

My haproxys have two interfaces:

-bond0
-bond0.111 (external API access, routed)

This way I isolate and/or allow traffic from instances (and the rest of the organisation) to the openstack API’s, secured by terminating SSL at the loadbalancers (see diagram)

> This excellent approach, but question which is my concern
> is a bit different.
>
> Thanks
> Boris
>
> On controller and compute, define the external vlan interface and its bridge:
>
> cat <<EOF > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond0.102
> DEVICE=bond0.102
> ONBOOT=yes
> DEVICETYPE=ovs
> TYPE=OVSPort
> OVS_BRIDGE=br-bond0.102
> ONBOOT=yes
> BOOTPROTO=none
> VLAN=yes
> MTU="1500"
> NM_CONTROLLED=no
> EOF
>
> cat <<EOF > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br-bond0.102
> DEVICE=br-bond0.102
> DEVICETYPE=ovs
> OVSBOOTPROTO=none
> TYPE=OVSBridge
> ONBOOT=yes
> BOOTPROTO=static
> MTU="1500"
> NM_CONTROLLED=no
> EOF
>
> then, make sure that everywhere exists /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/openvswitch_agent.ini as:
>
> [ovs]
> enable_tunneling = True
> tunnel_id_ranges = 1:1000
> tenant_network_type = vxlan
> integration_bridge = br-int
> tunnel_bridge = br-tun
> local_ip = <IP on bond0>
> bridge_mappings = physnet1:br-bond0.102
> network_vlan_ranges = physnet1
> [agent]
> tunnel_types = vxlan
> vxlan_udp_port = 4789
> l2_population = False
> [securitygroup]
> firewall_driver = neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver
>
> restart neutron-openvswitch-agent everywhere to make it work:
> <PastedGraphic-1.png>
>
> Hope it helps
> Alessandro
> >

> I would guess , that external net was created similar to this way
>
> controller# neutron net-create --router:external=True \
> --provider:network_type=vlan --provider:segmentation_id=102  ext-network

No, external provider network is a flat network (because it uses an already-tagged interface, bond0.112)

> controller# neutron subnet-create --name ext-subnet --disable-dhcp \
>    --allocation-pool start 10.10.10.100,end=10.10.10.150 \
>    ext_network 10.10.10.0/24

I do use neutron DHCP: some instances have only one interface in the provider network, thus they won’t be accessible if I don’t provide them an IP+metadata

> of VLAN type not FLAT

It would be a VLAN-provider network if you would add bond0 interface to the bridge, and let OVS tag packets. In this case it’s “flat”, as OVS is not aware of any VLAN tagging, which happens downstream at the interface. But there’s dozens of more skilled network dudes&gals on the list that may correct me :)

> Could you be so kind to share yours ml2_conf.ini on controllers in cluster.

a very simple one:

[ml2]
type_drivers = flat,vxlan,vlan
tenant_network_types = vxlan
mechanism_drivers = openvswitch
[ml2_type_flat]
flat_networks = *
[ml2_type_vlan]
[ml2_type_gre]
[ml2_type_vxlan]
vni_ranges = 10:10000
vxlan_group = 224.0.0.1
[ml2_type_geneve]
[securitygroup]
enable_security_group = True
firewall_driver = neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver

> I also believe that tuning your switch contains a kind of :-
> switchport trunk allowed vlan 100,102,104

Indeed, switch ports are trunked.