[Rdo-list] Manual creation of stripped lvm volume in cinder.

Rafał Radecki radecki.rafal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 15:18:50 UTC 2015

Hi All.

I am using RDO Juno on CentOS 7 and currently am trying to change an
existing volume attached to an openstack instance. The cinder node is a
separate one from the compute node with mentioned instance. On cinder node
I am using LVM backend with ISCSI. I noticed that when I create a volume in
cinder it is created as a linear one in LVM and I would like to change it
to a stripped one to take advantage of multiple physical disks available.

Is there a way to manually create a LVM volume, notify iscsi daemon on
cinder node to export it and the mount it on the target instance? Any howto
about that? ;)

Or maybe is there a way to tell cinder to create stripped logical volumes
in LVM backend by default (instead of linear ones)?

BR,
Rafal.