[Rdo-list] Nodes introspection

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 08:18:45 UTC 2015

On 10/08/2015 12:51 AM, Marius Cornea wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> A couple of questions regarding introspection (following the upstream docs):
>
> 1. Is Swift still used for storing nodes introspection details? I see no Swift object resulting after running introspection.

I think it's temporary disabled due to transition discoverd ->
inspector, and will be reenabled as soon as we fix the high priority issues.

> 2. During introspection I can see error messages on the VMs console(running a virt environment) but it's hard to record them since the VM quickly turns off. What's the proper way to debug this?

Is it with ironic-python-agent, right? If so, I've noted that it always
fails to connect to inspector. Then it is restart by systemd, and the
second attempts succeeds. We'll have procedure in place to collect logs
from the ramdisk, but it's not wired in yet as well. Anyway, if the
introspection works at all, you should not be too concerned for now :)

> 3. The profile matching docs[1] reference ironic-discoverd which has now become ironic-inspector. How can we make this work? s/discoverd/inspector/ ?

Profile matching is in especially uncertain state right now. Thanks for
reminder, we should start sorting out - as soon as introspection is part
of the gate again.