[Rdo-list] Software Factory for RDO experiment

Frédéric Lepied frederic.lepied at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 17:39:24 UTC 2015

On 10/13/2015 05:57 PM, David Moreau Simard wrote:
> Hey Fred,
>
> Our setup is a bit all over the place right now - in my day-to-day I
> deal with three gerrits, four jenkins - delorean and mirrors on
> trunk.rdoproject, cbs, fedorapeople and so on.
> As a relatively new guy, it took me far longer than I'd like to admit
> to just wrap my head around what is where and how it works.. and
> there's still some things I'm confused about.
>
> So, the idea of centralizing stuff in one place is IMO a good one but
> we need to make sure we get everyone aligned on the objectives and the
> solutions as to not create yet another standard [1].
>
> I think we're in the process of moving the Jenkins portion of the
> infrastructure to ci.centos.org right now. Perhaps you can chat about
> Wes to get more information on the how, when and why.
>
> My one question that comes to mind about making your experiment a
> reality: do we have the resources (human, time and capex) to make
> something like this happen ?

Hi David,

I will sync up with Wes regarding Jenkins.

I understand your concern regarding the needed investment and don't
worry we have what we need to manage the experiment: dedicated members
of the Software Factory team and some hardware. That will help us size
what will be needed for the full scale use.

Thanks for the feedback,
--
Fred - May the Source be with you