[Rdo-list] Overcloud Horizon

Dan Sneddon dsneddon at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 22:54:25 UTC 2015

On 10/13/2015 12:50 PM, AliReza Taleghani wrote:
> The overcloud has been finally deployed via the following :
> $ openstack overcloud deploy --compute-scale 4 --templates
> --compute-flavor compute --control-flavor control
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/12775291/
>
> there seem's I has missed some things cos I wished to have Horizon at
> the end! but seems it's not evolved right now.
>
> Do i need to add any other templates or better how can I force my
> controller to serve horizon service! if it's possible...
>
> tnx
> --
> Sincerely,
> Ali R. Taleghani

Are you sure that Horizon isn't listening somewhere? You can run
"keystone endpoint-list | grep dashboard" against the overcloud (source
overcloudrc on the Undercloud, for instance). You should have something
like:

| a4b435f0917c42e9b84184c1502e4327 | regionOne |
http://10.0.0.4:80/dashboard/        |
http://10.0.0.4:80/dashboard/         |
http://10.0.0.4:80/dashboard/admin   | cce915f019684d17a601254437ab59ee |

It's possible that Horizon is listening on a different IP than you are
expecting. If so, you can use SSH tunnels to connect to the external
interface and have SSH port forward to the real IP/port. Something like:

ssh -L 8080:10.0.0.4:80 heat-admin at controller-external-IP

Then you can connect to http://localhost:8080/dashboard to connect to
Horizon.

If you want more control over where the dashboard is listening, then
you need to use the Advanced Configuration instructions for Network
Isolation.

Please report back if you don't find that Horizon is listening on any
IP/port.
--
Dan Sneddon         |  Principal OpenStack Engineer
dsneddon at redhat.com |  redhat.com/openstack