[Rdo-list] Missing ironic-discoverd-ramdisk

Robin Yamaguchi robin at tune.com
Wed Oct 14 22:22:52 UTC 2015

Greetings,

I have provisioned an undercloud on centos 7 in a virtualized environment,
using the instructions hosted here:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/

I am attempting to build my images based on these instructions:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/basic_deployment/basic_deployment_cli.html#get-images

However, I continue to get this error:

++ which ironic-discoverd-ramdisk
which: no ironic-discoverd-ramdisk in
(/usr/lib64/ccache:/usr/lib/ccache:$PATH:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin)
++ echo ''
+ _LOCATION=
+ '[' -z '' ']'
+ echo 'ironic-discoverd-ramdisk is not found in PATH. Please ensure your
elements install it'
ironic-discoverd-ramdisk is not found in PATH. Please ensure your elements
install it
+ exit 1
Command 'ramdisk-image-create -a amd64 -o discovery-ramdisk
--ramdisk-element dracut-ramdisk centos7 ironic-discoverd-ramdisk-instack
centos-cr selinux-permissive centos-cloud-repo element-manifest
network-gateway epel rdo-release undercloud-package-install
pip-and-virtualenv-override 2>&1 | tee dib-discovery.log' returned non-zero
exit status 1

"openstack overcloud image build --all" however did successfully build the
overcloud-full and deploy-ramdisk images as expected.  Running "openstack
overcloud image build --type discovery-ramdisk" gives the same error as
above.

Searching my yum repos for "ironic-discoverd-ramdisk" doesn't yield
anything, and its not clear to me how i'd go about supplying this file.

thank you,
Robin Yamaguchi