[Rdo-list] Fwd: [OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] Status of RDO

Mohammed Arafa mohammed.arafa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 10:59:09 UTC 2015

Hi
I am currently attempting a Liberty POC with baremetal. I have opened a
couple of bugs on bugzilla against the docs. not 10% sure thats the correct
place

i will continue to do so until i find out otherwise

hint: the
http://rdo.fedorapeople.org/openstack-liberty/rdo-release-liberty.rpm
should have a note at the top where to log bugs against the docs

ps. just for my sanity. these are the liberty docs?
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/rdo-manager-docs/liberty/

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 4:50 AM, Christian Berendt <christian at berendt.io>
wrote:

> On 10/15/2015 04:43 PM, Steve Gordon wrote:
> > To get this updated what is required is for someone to walk through the
> draft install guide [1] vetting each procedure on each target distro and
> updating the test matrix here:
> >
> >     https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/LibertyDocTesting
> >
> > We also need to determine which "known issues" need to be resolved, and
> document + file bugs for any new ones that pop up (and ideally resolve
> them). In future as part of the RDO test day I think we should:
>
> Please add me to bug reports you file for openstack-manuals. I will try
> to take care of them ASAP.
>
> > a) Broadcast where the correct packages are more widely (e.g. include
> openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org in the distribution list for the test
> day). There seems to be a contention that they weren't available or were
> available but were mixed up with Mitaka packages which was true at a point
> in time but was quickly resolved (there was an issue with the config files
> being shipped though).
>
> Which packages should be used for testing Liberty? In the guide we wrote
> that
> http://rdo.fedorapeople.org/openstack-liberty/rdo-release-liberty.rpm
> should be used. This repository is not yet available, so we cannot test
> with this repository.
>
> https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-liberty/testing/
> does
> not contain any RPM packages. Not sure why this directory is there.
>
> > b) Integrate the install guide test matrix into the test day so that we
> (the RDO community) can help drive vetting it earlier.
>
> This is a good idea.
>
> Christian.
>
> --
> Christian Berendt
> Cloud Solution Architect
> Mail: berendt at b1-systems.de
>
> B1 Systems GmbH
> Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.de
> GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

<https://candidate.peoplecert.org/ReportsLink.aspx?argType=1&id=13D642E995903C076FA394F816CC136539DBA6A32D7305539E4219F5A650358C02CA2ED9F1F26319&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1>

*805010942448935*
<https://www.redhat.com/wapps/training/certification/verify.html?certNumber=805010942448935&verify=Verify>

*GR750055912MA*