[Rdo-list] overcloud update [external - float interface name]

Dan Sneddon dsneddon at redhat.com
Mon Oct 19 15:46:11 UTC 2015

On 10/17/2015 09:49 PM, AliReza Taleghani wrote:
> :"> it's was fault...
>
> nice tricks covered on:
> [stack at undercloud ~]$ openstack help overcloud deploy
>
> ########
>   --neutron-public-interface NEUTRON_PUBLIC_INTERFACE
>                         /*Deprecated*/
> ########
> but if it's deprecated! what else exist?
> does it mean we should check neutron it self lated doc?
>
> Sincerely,
> Ali R. Taleghani
> @linkedIn <http://ir.linkedin.com/in/taleghani>
>
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Marius Cornea <marius at remote-lab.net
> <mailto:marius at remote-lab.net>> wrote:
>
>     On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 8:58 AM, AliReza Taleghani
>     <shayne.alone at gmail.com <mailto:shayne.alone at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > I have been deployed my overcloud via:
>     > ###
>     > openstack overcloud deploy --compute-scale 4 --templates --compute-flavor
>     > compute --control-flavor control
>     > ###
>     >
>     > the baremetal server interfaces naming is as enoX X == {1,2,3,4}
>     > I also have connected all baremetal servers eno1 directly into undercloud
>     > eth1 as management zone
>     > Now I wana create external network for float ip assignment via:
>     > ###
>     > neutron net-create ext-net --router:external --provider:physical_network
>     > datacentre --provider:network_type flat
>     > ###
>     >
>     >
>     > the datacentre is directlly connected to the public ip address router, but
>     > the problem is that I don't have such and interface name in OS level...
>
>     Datacentre is a mapping which points to br-ex ovs bridge. By default I
>     believe the provisioning network nic gets bridged to br-ex.  If you
>     want to have another interface bridged to br-ex you just need to add
>     the following argument to the deploy command:
>
>     --neutron-public-interface eno2
>
>     or
>
>     --neutron-public-interface nic2
>     assuming that eno2 is the 2nd nic which has an active cable connected
>
>     You should also check the network isolation feature for more advanced
>     networking configurations:
>     https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/rdo-manager-docs/liberty/advanced_deployment/network_isolation.html
>
>     > is seem's I should have to solution:
>     >
>     > 1- rename Controller eno2 -> datacentre
>     > 2- update overcloud and don't know how but force it to know [ eno2 ] instead
>     > of [ datacentre ]
>     >
>     > :-?
>     >
>     > solution 1 ( os level interface renaming ) seems to be a bit distructive...
>     > cos centos wiki's told we should edit kernel param at grub and revert to old
>     > interface naming also stick to udev rules and alike...
>     >
> [...]

I believe that option is marked as deprecated because it only applies
to the basic (legacy) TripleO networking model (ctlplane + external).
When you are using network isolation (as covered in the Advanced
Deployment section), this CLI parameter does nothing.

--
Dan Sneddon         |  Principal OpenStack Engineer
dsneddon at redhat.com |  redhat.com/openstack