[Rdo-list] [OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] Status of RDO

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 22:02:11 UTC 2015

In Liberty, the database connection option for services that use a SQL
database contains "mysql+pymysql://" which uses the PyMySQL library instead
of "mysql://" which use the conventional MySQL-Python library. The RDO
repository doesn't contain a package for PyMySQL. Development of the
upstream installation guide cannot continue without this package because
the workarounds either involve installing this library via pip which
potentially leads to versioning conflicts with packages or changing the
database connection option everywhere specifically for RDO.