[rdo-list] Overcloud pacemaker services restart behavior causes downtime

Pedro Sousa pgsousa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 09:34:18 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have an overcloud with 3 controller nodes, everything is working fine,
the problem is when I reboot one of the controllers. When the node comes
online, all the services (nova-api, neutron-server) on the other nodes are
also restarted, causing a couple of minutes of downtime until everything is
recovered.

In the example below I restarted controller2 and I see these messages on
controller0. My question is if this is the expected behavior, because in my
opinion it shouldn't happen.

*Authorization Failed: Service Unavailable (HTTP 503)*
*== Glance images ==*
*Service Unavailable (HTTP 503)*
*== Nova managed services ==*
*No handlers could be found for logger "keystoneauth.identity.generic.base"*
*ERROR (ServiceUnavailable): Service Unavailable (HTTP 503)*
*== Nova networks ==*
*No handlers could be found for logger "keystoneauth.identity.generic.base"*
*ERROR (ServiceUnavailable): Service Unavailable (HTTP 503)*
*== Nova instance flavors ==*
*No handlers could be found for logger "keystoneauth.identity.generic.base"*
*ERROR (ServiceUnavailable): Service Unavailable (HTTP 503)*
*== Nova instances ==*
*No handlers could be found for logger "keystoneauth.identity.generic.base"*
*ERROR (ServiceUnavailable): Service Unavailable (HTTP 503)*
*[root at overcloud-controller-0 ~]# openstack-status *
*Broadcast message from systemd-journald at overcloud-controller-0.localdomain
(Thu 2016-08-04 09:22:31 UTC):*

*haproxy[2816]: proxy neutron has no server available!*

Thanks,
Pedro Sousa