[rdo-list] Python-shade in RDO

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Fri Aug 26 06:31:32 UTC 2016

https://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/reference/projects.yaml

> I'm also confused why you think the clients should also be moved out of
> rdo into another repo as well. This is just splitting the repos up
> needlessly isn't it? Shade, like oslo and other Openstack libraries,
> should be part of RDO.

Problem with Shade is that it'd branchless so putting it into one RDO
release repo won't work. That's why separate repo is suggested, which would
also solve the other issue Haikel mentioned: upstream infra enables RDO
repo only to get openvswitch which is not in EL7 base, so we would put that
in rdo-extras.

Cheers,
Alan