[Rdo-list] Developing Horizon dashboards with RDO

Gregor Berginc gregor.berginc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:54:33 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I've just migrated from devstack to RDO because it was much easier to
deploy and configure OpenStack on my dev machine.

One thing, unfortunately, I couldn't have found. Is there a way to
facilitate the development of Horizon dashboards? I've noticed that
dashboards are installed in /usr/shared/openstack-dashboard. I can deploy
new dashboards and use them by restarting the httpd. The directory also has
manage.py, but it doesn't seem to work properly (at least static resources
are missing).

Thus, I am wondering if there is a way to launch a separate development
server for Horizon dashboards?

Thanks in advance,
-Gregor