[Rdo-list] OPM downstream patches

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Jan 13 21:04:30 UTC 2016

On 01/13/2016 11:36 AM, Lukas Bezdicka wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-01-12 at 13:16 -0500, Emilien Macchi wrote:
>> Also, the way we're packaging OPM is really bad.
>>
>> * we have no SHA1 for each module we have in OPM
> /usr/share/openstack-puppet/Puppetfile

Nope, this file is not containing SHA1 for the actual modules we have in
OPM. This file was used (and is 100% useless now) by SpinalStack.

>> * we are not able to validate each module
> you have Puppetfile and our own patches as patches to tar

No, see my previous comment.

>> * package tarball is not pure. All other OpenStack RPMS take upstream
>> tarball so we can easily compare but in OPM... no way to do it.
> Tarballs are always taken from github releases:
> https://github.com/redhat-openstack/openstack-puppet-modules/releases

You can't pull a tarball per module. Modules have been introduced by a
RAW copy-paste.

> And yes, dropping single package and creating metapackage is the way to
> go.

I would like to see a more constructive reply from people actually
authors on OPM.

We want to build a plan for the future release that will radically
change the way we build & ship OPM.