[Rdo-list] OPM downstream patches

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 21:18:16 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Jason Guiditta <jguiditt at redhat.com> wrote:
> If I am correct that is needed for rdo

Can you define "RDO" ?

Packstack ? RDO manager ? Both ? Something else entirely ?

I'd really, really like to run both with pure upstream modules to see
what - if anything - breaks and draw conclusions from that as to:
1) Is it the consumer's fault (i.e, Packstack or RDO Manager that
aren't passing the proper settings to puppet modules and the puppet
module is patched instead ?)
2) Is it the puppet module's fault (i.e, upstream wrongfully refused
to merge/backport a necessary patch ?)
3) Something else ?

I'm convinced that we must keep OPM without any patches in RDO (OSP is
another matter) even if it requires a little bit a work.
Sure, we need to put visibility on the work that needs to be done to
accomplish this but we can't do that before trying it out first.

I can only assume that consumers and users of RDO do not expect
midstream patches in their packages.
We don't ship anything custom for Nova, Cinder, etc - OPM shouldn't be
any different.

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]