[Rdo-list] OPM downstream patches

Ivan Chavero ichavero at redhat.com
Mon Jan 18 13:56:03 UTC 2016

> I can only assume that consumers and users of RDO do not expect
> midstream patches in their packages.
> We don't ship anything custom for Nova, Cinder, etc - OPM shouldn't be
> any different.

You have a point here, the problem is that sometimes reviews take a lot of
time to be accepted and there are bugs that have to be solved really fast.
That's why with some exceptions there are a lot of patches into OPM's
patches repo, this patches stay there until the upstream patch is accepted.
In RDO there should be constant rebases since there's no code freeze
like in OSP so patches that are alreay in upstream are deleted more often.

>From my point of view whe sould not have any fork of the puppet modules,
we should be using the upstream release of the module and add patches when needed.

Cheers,
Ivan