[Rdo-list] RDO blog roundup, Jan 18, 2016

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Jan 18 15:54:20 UTC 2016

It's been a slow few weeks on the RDO blog front. Keep those posts
coming. Tell us what you've been working on!

NFV and Open Networking with RHEL OpenStack Platform, by Nir Yechiel

I was honored to be invited to speak on a local Intel event about Red
Hat and what we are doing in the NFV space. I only had 30 minutes, so I
tried to provide a high level overview of our offering, covering some
main points:

… read more at http://tm3.org/4h

RDO Community Day @ FOSDEM by Rich Bowen

The schedule has now been published at
https://www.rdoproject.org/events/rdo-day-fosdem-2016/

… read more at http://tm3.org/3z

Openstack Neutron: troubleshooting and solving common problems by Arie
Bergman

Important note: this post is based on the great sessions ‘I Can’t Ping
My VM! Learn How to Debug Neutron and Solve Common Problems‘ of Rossella
Sblendido & OpenStack Neutron Troubleshooting by Assaf Muller . So the
credit goes to them. I simply gathered it here in a written form and
added little bit of description and examples. Enjoy =)

… read more at http://tm3.org/4i

RDO doc day and test day by Rich Bowen

With the Mitaka milestone 2 release due very soon, the RDO community has
two events in the coming days.

… read more at http://tm3.org/4j

Hackery setting up RDO Kilo on CentOS 7.2 with Mongodb && Nagios up and
running as of 01/08/2016 by Boris Derzhavets

I have noticed several questions (ask.openstack.org,stackoverflow.com)
regarding mentioned ongoing issue with mongodb-server and nagios when
installing RDO Kilo 2015.1.1 on CentOS 7.2 via packstack. At the moment
I see a hack provided bellow which might be applied as pre-installation
step or fix after initial packstack crash. Bug submitted to
bugzilla.redhat.com

… read more at http://tm3.org/4k

AIO RDO Liberty && several external networks VLAN provider setup by
Boris Derzhavets

Post below is addressing the question when AIO RDO Liberty Node has to
have external networks of VLAN type with predefined vlan tags. Straight
forward packstack –allinone install doesn't allow to achieve desired
network configuration. External network provider of vlan type appears to
be required. In particular case, office networks 10.10.10.0/24 vlan
tagged (157) ,10.10.57.0/24 vlan tagged (172), 10.10.32.0/24 vlan tagged
(200) already exists when RDO install is running. If demo_provision was
"y" , then delete router1 and created external network of VXLAN type

… read more at http://tm3.org/4l

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org/