[Rdo-list] OPM downstream patches

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Jan 18 14:33:39 UTC 2016

On 01/18/2016 08:56 AM, Ivan Chavero wrote:

>> I can only assume that consumers and users of RDO do not expect
>> midstream patches in their packages.
>> We don't ship anything custom for Nova, Cinder, etc - OPM shouldn't be
>> any different.
>
> You have a point here, the problem is that sometimes reviews take a lot of
> time to be accepted and there are bugs that have to be solved really fast.

What? Are you saying Puppet OpenStack patches take time to be merged?
You can ask to the contributors, if your patch is passing CI, I'm sure
it's landed in the same day or the next 2 days maximum.
By the way, we have a weekly meeting where we do bug and review triage.
If you have any patch that needs attention, please come-up and we'll
help it to make it.

So please, don't say it takes time to merge Puppet patches upstream.