[rdo-list] RDO-release for OpenStack Mitaka

Guanwen Zhang guanwen at ualberta.ca
Mon Jul 11 20:47:29 UTC 2016

hi,

We had a OpenStack Swift Cluster consisting of a keystone node, a Swift
proxy node, and 6 Swift storage nodes. All of them run
in CentOS 7 x86_64.

Just a few days ago, we tried to upgrade from our current Juno release to
Mitaka. We found out that to get MySQL database on keystone node
to be migrated is a huge pain. At first, I migrated the database from Juno
to Kilo, and then from Kilo to Liberty, and then finally tried to
migrate from Liberty to Mitaka, but failed.

The famous error message is  "Can't DROP 'ixu_user_name_domain_id'; check
that column/key exists") [SQL: u'ALTER TABLE user DROP INDEX
ixu_user_name_domain_id']", which was reported by someone else as a bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1572341. This bug was fixed on
July 7, 2016 which is after the rdo release.

I am wondering if it is possible to have a new rdo-release for Mitaka to
include these bug fixes, otherwise, the existing production Keystone
database couldn't
be migrated without great pain.

Thanks a lot for your attention, and your suggestions are highly appreciated

regards