[rdo-list] RDO AiO on Fedora 24

Daniel Messer dmesser at redhat.com
Mon Jul 4 08:04:20 UTC 2016

Hi rdo-list,

I was wondering what is the best way to get an all-in-one install of RDO
Mitaka stood up on Fedora 24. I am looking to setup RDO on my workstation
as an automation interface instead of plain libvirt so it will stay there
for a while.

Hence I pursued the following routes:

   1. packstack - currently broken as it seems on Fedora because there is
   no CI/CD testing (only exists for RHEL/CentOS) - the answer file is
   interpreted differently (CONFIG_AMQP_ENABLE_SSL=y needed for proper
   self-signed certificates, errors because of puppet4 incompatibilities etc
   etc)

   2. openstack-ansible - quite elaborate and no true AiO install - it
   always seems to come with the 3-way galera cluster which is not easily
   surviving a system reboot event

   3. openstack-kolla - looks promising but apparently not supported
   currently on anything newer than F22 because of supermin defficients for
   compressed kernel modules in the CentOS Containers

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Daniel