Re: [rdo-list] [tripleo] How about support of AMT for deployment?

On 06/06/16 13:32, Gerard Braad wrote:
> HI,
>

> Some time ago Michele Baldessari wrote about deploying OpenStack
> TripleO on a bunch of Intel NUCs. To enable this he needed to make
> some minor changes [1] to os-cloud-config and python-tripleoclient to
> add basic support for AMT (utilizing wsmancli).
>
> I have tried this out myself with a set of Lenovo M93p's and it does
> work. I believe basic support of AMT can be very helpful to allow
> tests on more COTS products, when IPMI is not available. Is this
> something that can be considered for inclusion?
>
> regards,
>

> Gerard
>
> [1] http://acksyn.org/files/tripleo/nuc.patch

Full support for Intel AMT and NUCs has been in upstream TripleO for a
while (and I believe downstream as of RHOS 8). For NUCs without AMT you
can use the wol driver which I use for all testing in my NUC lab.

Regards,

Graeme

--
Graeme Gillies