Re: [rdo-list] [tripleo] How about support of AMT for deployment?

On 06/06/2016 06:13 AM, Gerard Braad wrote:
Hi.

Hi Gerard.

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Graeme Gillies <ggillies redhat com> wrote:
Full support for Intel AMT and NUCs has been in upstream TripleO for a
while (and I believe downstream as of RHOS 8). For NUCs without AMT you
can use the wol driver which I use for all testing in my NUC lab.

Is support available because of the following?

/tripleo-common/tripleo_common/utils/nodes.py:
187:     '.*_amt': PrefixedDriverInfo('amt'),

Yes.

If so, I was unable to find documentation that describes this is possible.

It would have been sufficient to describe a node in instackenv.json as follows

    "pm_type":"pxe_amt",
    "pm_user":"admin",
    "pm_password":"admin",
    "pm_addr":"192.168.1.101",
    "mac": ["de:8a:ad:be:3c:ef:"]

without any additional patches or software? The article [1] I refer to
was written last March. And this is also what I needed to make it
work.

Should be, the patch enabling it was merged post-March.

regards,

Gerard

[1] http://acksyn.org/posts/2016/03/tripleo-on-nucs/