[rdo-list] Packstack refactor and future ideas

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 22:40:39 UTC 2016

On Jun 8, 2016 11:33 PM, "Ivan Chavero" <ichavero at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

Here's a possibly stupid question, indulge me....

Seems like we're always going to need a simple (ish) tool that just
installs the openstack services on a single machine, without any need for
VMs.

In fact, the tripleo installer - instack - is one such tool. Packstack is
another, more flexible such tool. Should we consider merging or adapting
them to be the same tool?

-Hugh