[rdo-list] Redeploying UnderCloud

Dan Sneddon dsneddon at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 16:40:05 UTC 2016

On 06/27/2016 06:41 AM, Gunjan, Milind [CTO] wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Greeting.
>

> This is my first post and I am fairly new to RDO OpenStack. I am
> working on RDO Triple-O deployment on baremetal. Due to incorrect
> values in undercloud.conf file , my undercloud deployment failed. I
> would like to redeploy undercloud and I am trying to understand what
> steps has to be taken before redeploying undercloud. All the deployment
> was under stack user . So first step will be to delete stack user. I am
> not sure what has to be done regarding the networking configuration
> autogenerated by os-net-config during the older install.
>
> Please advise.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Milind

No, definitely you don't want to delete the stack user, especially not
as your first step! That would get rid of the configuration files, etc.
that are in ~stack, and generally make your life harder than it needs
to be.

Anyway, it isn't necessary. You can do a procedure very much like what
you do when upgrading the undercloud, with a couple of extra steps.

As the stack user, edit your undercloud.conf, and make sure there are
no more typos.

If the typos were in the network configuration, you should delete the
bridge and remove the ifcfg files:

$ sudo ifdown br-ctlplane
$ sudo ovs-vsctl del-br br-ctlplane
$ sudo rm /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/*br-ctlplane

Next, run the underclound installation again:

$ sudo yum update -y  # Reboot after if kernel or core packages updated
$ openstack undercloud install

Then proceed with the rest of the instructions. You may find that if
you already uploaded disk images or imported nodes that they will still
be in the database. That's OK, or you can delete and reimport.

--
Dan Sneddon         |  Principal OpenStack Engineer
dsneddon at redhat.com |  redhat.com/openstack