[rdo-list] Attempt of Tripleo Quickstart deployments hang downloding undercload.qcow2

John Trowbridge trown at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 16:33:47 UTC 2016

On 06/28/2016 05:36 AM, Alan Pevec wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Alan Pevec <apevec at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Quick idea: change download format to tarball which includes image + md5 ?
>>
>> I've piggy-backed it in
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo-quickstart/+bug/1579921
>> could we raise priority for this RFE ?
>
> Looks like piggy-backing there was denied.
> What about appending checksum at qcow2 EOF, then truncating the file
> after checking?

Hmm, that could work.

We would need to change the image building role to do the checksums that
way [1], at the same time changing tripleo-quickstart itself to consume
the checksum in the new way. The change to the image building role would
likely need to be guarded with a non-default option so as not to break
other users of that role. Likewise the new behavior in
tripleo-quickstart would need to be optional, though probably default if
we change the image url to the CDN with these "all-in-one" images.

[1] https://github.com/redhat-openstack/ansible-role-tripleo-image-build