[Rdo-list] snat and my WRT54G router

Dan Sneddon dsneddon at redhat.com
Sun Mar 20 02:58:31 UTC 2016

I don't think the range you are using is the problem, although you should be using 192.168.1.0/24 as your subnet and 192.168.1.1 as the router gateway (assuming that the WRT is .1). You can set the allocation pool to a range like 192.168.1.10-192.168.1.99. Also, assuming your WRT router is .1, you will have to manually assign the virtual router IP (since the default is .1 when you create a router on a /24 network).

You say that your VMs are connected through a virtual router. Are you using floating IPs? You can't just route the VM traffic to the WRT router without SNAT on the virtual router, so make sure you set that network to external.

I suspect that the problem here might be that the virtual router was using the same IP as the WRT router, or that you were doing routing without SNAT because the network wasn't marked as external.