[Rdo-list] Oneliner to install PackStack all-in-one

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 28 13:59:41 UTC 2016

On 03/23/2016 01:12 AM, Gerard Braad wrote:
> Hi,
>

> After installing several instances of PackStack all-in-one I made a
> small oneliner.sh to automate the steps needed to get the content set
> in /etc/environment and do the package installation.
>
> The result can be found here:
>
>    https://github.com/gbraad/oneliners/blob/master/install_packstack.sh
>
> it can be used as:
>
>    curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gbraad/oneliners/master/install_packstack.sh
> | bash
>

> It follows the steps as described on:
>
>    https://www.rdoproject.org/install/quickstart/
>
> If you got suggestions, please let me know.

If we're going to do something like this, we want to be sure that it's
hosted on a "trusted" site (presumably rdoproject.org). I'm always a
little squidgy about the curl | bash metaphor, but it might be handy to
have this kind of simple one-command thing.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org/