[Rdo-list] RDO blogs, week of March 28

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 28 18:11:42 UTC 2016

Here's what RDO enthusiasts have been blogging about in the last week:

Tie Your Rabbit Down by Adam Young

I’ve been running the Tripleo Quickstart to setup my development
deployments. While looking into the setup, I noticed that the default
Rabbit deployment is wide open. I can’t see anything other than firewall
port blocking in place. I dug deeper.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5l

Red Hat confirms over 35 sessions at OpenStack Summit, Austin – Have a
look! by Jeff Jameson

As this Spring’s 2016 OpenStack Summit in Austin, TX nears, the
Foundation has posted the final session agenda, outlining the week’s
schedule of events. I am pleased to see that based on your voting, Red
Hat continues to remain in sync with the current topics, projects, and
technologies the OpenStack community and customers are most interested
in. With the expectation of the largest attendee crowd yet, and some
exciting advancements around containers, storage, networking, compute,
and more, we look forward to sharing the 35+ generally accepted
sessions, workshops, and BoFs that will be included in the weeks agenda.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5m

Dependency Injection in Python applied to Ossipee by Adam Young

I reworked my OpenStack API based cluster builder Ossipee last weekend.
It makes heavy use of dependency resolution now, and breaks apart the
super-base class into properly scoped components.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5n

Convert a keystone.rc from V2 to V3 by Adam Young

Everything seems to produce V2 versions of the necessary variables for
Keystone, and I am more and more dependant on the V3 setup. Converting
from one to the other is trivial, especially if the setup uses the
default domain.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5o

Long Term OpenStack Usage Summary by SilverSkySoft

Its been about 9 months since we first kicked off a limited production
install of OpenStack. There were few variables we were very interested
in: How much specialized support was needed to maintain a small
OpenStack and stability.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5p

Learn what’s coming in OpenStack “Mitaka” by Jeff Jameson

As the fastest growing open source project in history, OpenStack
releases fairly rapidly, with new releases twice per year. Each time,
around April and October of every year, a whole plethora of new features
and functions move from incubated development status to fully-baked
features and accepted into the “core” OpenStack release. Rapidly
approaching is the new “Mitaka” release, the 13th release of OpenStack,
filled with some great new features.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5q

Attempt to set up RDO Mitaka (RC1) at any given time (Delorean trunks)
by Boris Derzhavets

"The RDO project has a continuous integration pipeline that consists of
multiple jobs that deploy and test OpenStack as accomplished by
different installers. This vast test coverage attempts to ensure that
there are no known issues either in packaging, in code or in the
installers themselves.Once a Delorean consistent repository has
undergone these tests successfully, it will be promoted to
current-passed-ci. Current-passed-ci represents the latest and greatest
version of RDO trunk packages that were tested together successfully"

… read more at http://tm3.org/5r

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org/