[Rdo-list] What magnum status in RDO Mitaka is supposed to be ?

Boris Derzhavets bderzhavets at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:59:35 UTC 2016

From: Chandan Kumar <chkumar at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 5:24 AM
To: Boris Derzhavets
Cc: rdo-list
Subject: Re: [Rdo-list] What magnum status in RDO Mitaka is supposed to be ?

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Boris Derzhavets
<bderzhavets at hotmail.com> wrote:

>   I attempted  manual magnum set up in general updating git checkouts from
> Magnum in RDO OpenStack – Liberty Manual Installation from source code :-
> http://egonzalez.org/magnum-in-rdo-openstack-liberty-manual-installation-from-source-code/
>   I was able start services  after  rebuild
> openstack-magnum-2.0.1-0.20160324110644.c0c2bdb.el7.centos.src.rpm,
> which passed CI with build 20160324
>     Finally I was hit by known bug  http://osdir.com/ml/openstack-dev/2016-02/msg02123.html.
> It is possible to run suggested scripts, but I guess  keystone v3 is required to get
> things done on RDO Mitaka.

Keystone v3 is available in openstack-keystone package.
You can grab the latest package from delorean repo.
http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7/delorean-deps.repo

> My last question is :-
> as far as http://egonzalez.org/magnum-in-rdo-openstack-liberty-manual-installation-from-source-code/
> works   why packaging is not done for RDO Liberty

This package is introduced in RDO mitaka  cycle but a spec file for
RDO magnum liberty is available at
https://github.com/MatMaul/openstack-magnum-spec/tree/mitaka-on-liberty

Magnum Installation guide  is under review upstream:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/289994/ Feel free to try it and have
your comments there.

[BD]
I believe that packstack will allow me to avoid a lot of manual work for keystone authorization via

# Identity service API version string. ['v2.0', 'v3']
CONFIG_KEYSTONE_API_VERSION=v3

Sorry , I missed option provided making first post. Fault is mine.
Please, accept my apologies ( it's addressed not only to Chandan)

I cannot find in mentioned links clear "Howto" for install :-
I believe
  CONFIG_INSTALL_MAGNUM=y
  CONFIG_MAGNUM_HOST = IP
 would be  nice to have ( not right now , of course )

In meantime I see :-

in https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-mitaka/current-passed-ci/
Two Src.rpm(s)

1. openstack-magnum-2.0.1-0.20160324110644.c0c2bdb.el7.centos.src.rpm
2. python-magnumclient-2.0.1-0.20160324014754.3ec6806.el7.centos.src.rpm

   I intend to  install both and locally rebuild ( I did it already with (1) it allows to start
 magnum-api && magnum-conductor )
    Now I clearly understand that also Magnum Client set up is required.

Would local rebuild of (2) followed by rpms been built installation be enough
to complete Magnum set up RDO Mitaka (say 20160328)  or any other Src.rpm(s) are
required to be  installed and rebuild ?
Actually,  I need dependencies for Magnum setup generated ?

I intend to test Magnum first in AIO RDO Mitaka set up.
Please, advise how manage. I cannot do it on my own , sorry.

Thanks a lot.
Boris.

Thanks,

Chandan Kumar