[rdo-list] RDO at FOSDEM?

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Wed Nov 23 10:49:23 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 11:47:40PM +0100, Alan Pevec wrote:
> > So, this is a straw poll. Would people rather do something with CentOS
> > at an inconvenient place, or by ourselves at a place we can walk to?
>
> I don't think it was such inconvenient place, at least not when coming
> directly from the airport, it is on the way to the city.
> I'd keep RDO meetup collocated with CentOS Dojo, but I'd prefer if we
> could have it combined like in Barcelona with Ceph (just more serious
> setup w/ less drinks, so people would actually listen and participate
> in the sessions :) and not having RDO isolated in it's own room. For
> that to work, we need to find right topics which would be interesting
> for the wider CentOS Dojo audience, so let's start with that: what
> topics are folks proposing?
> I've added this to the agenda tomorrow.

I wouldn't even say, the drinks were the issue in Barcelona. It was more
the direct vicinity of the bar and talks, as people tended to get a
drink and to connect to each other there. Last year in Brussels
there was a coffee area to catch up with each other, where the
talks were away from that. I don't see the risk of people disturbing
presentations in this set up.

Best,
Matthias
--