[rdo-list] RDO at FOSDEM?

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Nov 23 13:32:59 UTC 2016

Le mardi 22 novembre 2016 à 23:47 +0100, Alan Pevec a écrit :
> > So, this is a straw poll. Would people rather do something with CentOS
> > at an inconvenient place, or by ourselves at a place we can walk to?
>
> I don't think it was such inconvenient place, at least not when coming
> directly from the airport, it is on the way to the city.

Yeah, but for those of us who come from train, cars or already in
Bruxelles, it was inconvenient.

And the lack of coffee/restaurant nearby mean that it was not practical
to just go out and continue discussion. (but I am also getting grumpy
everytime we say "let's move" and then we wait 1h and transform a group
of 5 into a blob of 60 persons that can't decide where to go or can't
move because we are too polite to kick 55 people out).

I suspect next time, I will just announce that if a group is more than
5, I leave the group and do it my way.

> I'd keep RDO meetup collocated with CentOS Dojo, but I'd prefer if we
> could have it combined like in Barcelona with Ceph (just more serious
> setup w/ less drinks, so people would actually listen and participate
> in the sessions :) and not having RDO isolated in it's own room. For
> that to work, we need to find right topics which would be interesting
> for the wider CentOS Dojo audience, so let's start with that: what
> topics are folks proposing?
> I've added this to the agenda tomorrow.

Based on what I did see around Openstack days yesterday, ansible is
everywhere (ie, the only talk out of 5 I did see who didn't mention
"ansible" was one on pnda.io, who use salt), and openstack orchestration
using ansible did interest people.

Not sure however how much the target audience did overlap with centos
dojo (besides the few people I see during meetup that I did see there
too)
--
Michael Scherer