[rdo-list] OVS 2.7 on rdo

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Thu Jun 8 11:57:04 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Marcin Mirecki <mmirecki at redhat.com> wrote:
> A fresh 2.7 ovs copr build:
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mmirecki/OVS/build/562816/
>
> I'll rebuild once we have a tag.

tl;dr NVR 2.7.0-1 for this build is wrong, for git snaps see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Versioning

So that's exactly adhoc SRPM which is bad for tracking, included
source tarball is called openvswitch-2.7.0.tar.gz but it is not from
v2.7.0 tag!
If we want to do RPM builds from git (aka trunk RPMs), we have a tool
DLRN for that, used for trunk.rdoproject.org but we might need some
work in OVS upstream to ensure proper versioning e.g. git describe on
master is v1.1.0pre2-12667-g11d9ad2 while on branch-2.7 is
v2.7.0-122-g6180d2a. This would generate lower version on master, but
maybe as a first step we could start tracking only branch-2.7 to avoid
this issue.

Cheers,
Alan