[rdo-list] OVS 2.7 on rdo

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Wed May 3 06:00:00 UTC 2017

On May 3, 2017 05:54, "Numan Siddique" <nusiddiq at redhat.com> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know what is the plan for moving OpenvSwitch packages to
version 2.7.

In order to deploy OVN in tripleo, we need OVS 2.7
  - for deploying all the ovn services successfully
  - for having the floating ip/gateway functionality to work

Is it possible to consider moving to OVS 2.7 sooner ?

Ideally, OVS for all CentOS SIGs would be maintained within NFV SIG and
other SIGs would reuse it. For 2.6 I rebuilt it first from Fedora then
snapshots which included critical fixes. Now I see VirtSIG has built 2.7 on
their own but not sure what is the source:
http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=16698

Can you test this build and report back if it is good to cross-tag it for
RDO Pike?

Cheers,
Alan