[rdo-list] Horizon inside TripleO Quickstart install

James LaBarre jlabarre at redhat.com
Tue Oct 10 19:59:06 UTC 2017

trying to determine if a Horizon install is working in a TripleO
Quickstart install.  The service on the controller node has been
configured as per
https://docs.openstack.org/ocata/install-guide-rdo/horizon-install.html,
the httpsd and memcached services show as running with systemctl status
(although httpd does complain about "overcloud-controller-0
python[122833]: ERROR:scss.ast:Function not found: function-exists:1").

I figure it would require at least one SSH tunnel to bring up the UI in
a local browser, but just to see if it even seems to be active I tried
connecting to the service with links on the controller itself, and it
says "unable to retrieve http://localhost:5000/: connection refused".
Still don't know if it's just that I can't validate it that way, or it's
still not running