cdrtools-1.10a10-1

   If you wish to be removed from the RedHat Mailing list see the URL
   at the end of this email because I have *NO* control over *YOUR*
   subscription to it. Thanks for your cooperation.

   RPMs Built and Announced at about Fri Dec 29 08:27:49 2000.

   cdrtools-1.10a10-1.src.rpm                           1259613
   cdrtools-cdda2wav-1.10a10-1rh62.i386.rpm              130584
   cdrtools-cdrecord-1.10a10-1rh62.i386.rpm              313691
   cdrtools-devel-1.10a10-1rh62.i386.rpm                  98666
   cdrtools-mkisofs-1.10a10-1rh62.i386.rpm               197799

   Main archive is located at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/cdrtools
   Mirror locations and build machine information listed below.

   RPMs are built with rpm version 3.0.5.
   Required programs listed are either updates or are not in the default
   RedHat 6.2 installation.

Name: cdrtools-cdda2wav            Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a10                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:17:50 AM CST
Install date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:26:52 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Applications/Sound            Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a10-1.src.rpm
Size: 256362                           License: GPL
A sampling utility for cdrom drives that are capable of sending audio
cd data in digital form to your host. Data can be dumped into wav or
sun format sound files. Options control the recording format (stereo/mono;
8,12,16 bits; different rates).

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: cdrtools-cdrecord            Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a10                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:17:50 AM CST
Install date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:27:02 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Applications/Archiving        Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a10-1.src.rpm
Size: 784702                           License: GPL
Cdrecord allows you to create CD's on a CD-Recorder (SCSI/ATAPI).
Supports data, audio, mixed, multi-session and CD+ discs etc.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: cdrtools-devel               Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a10                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:17:50 AM CST
Install date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:27:02 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Development/Libraries         Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a10-1.src.rpm
Size: 340455                           License: GPL
The cdrecord distribution contains a SCSI user level transport
library.  The SCSI library is suitable to talk to any SCSI device
without having a special driver for it.

Cdrecord may be easily ported to any system that has a SCSI device
driver similar to the scg driver.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: cdrtools-mkisofs             Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a10                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:17:50 AM CST
Install date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:27:02 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Applications/System           Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a10-1.src.rpm
Size: 805018                           License: GPL
This is the mkisofs package.  It is used to create ISO 9660
file system images for creating CD-ROMs. Now includes support
for making bootable "El Torito" CD-ROMs.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

%CHANGELOG
* Fri Dec 29 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a10-1]
- All:
- Seventh phase of libscg restructuring
  It seems that we don't need to change much anymore...
- *************** General Large File Notes ********************
  If you have problems with compiling the large file aware programs
  on your OS, look for all files called Makefile or '*.mk' and
  remove the lines that contain:
  CPPOPTS +=      -DUSE_LARGEFILES
- ************** IMPORTANT ************************************
  Since cdrtools-1.10a08, there have been compile problems on RedHat-6.2
  and SuSE 6.4
  It seems that hese problems are a result of bugs in glibc-2.1.3
  I changed the autoconf code and hope that now this lib will not
  be detected as large file aware.
- fctldefs.h modifued to support flock()
- libscg cast for SGI code to suppress a warning
- libscg: struct scsi renamed to struct scg_scsi to enable again
  compilation on AIX

- Cdrecord:
- Cast resource limit to long long for better SGI support

- Readcd:
- readcd now by defult truncates th output file
- New option -notrunc to get the old behaviour

* Mon Dec 11 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a09-1]
- All:
- Seventh phase of libscg restructuring
  It seems that we don't need to change much anymore...
- Allow ENOTTY as indicator for an illegal ioctl(). In case
  somebody from the Linux kernel team learns that the correct
  errno for an illegal ioctl is ENOTTY instead of EINVAL.
  This would allow libscg to switch back to the non-ioctl
  version of the interface in this case.
- If you have problems with compiling the large file aware programs
  on your OS, look for all files called Makefile or '*.mk' and
  remove the lines that contain: CPPOPTS +=      -DUSE_LARGEFILES
- Trying to avoid the 'type' u_char, u_int & u_long
- Autoconf test for u_char, u_int & u_long.
  This was needed for Apollo Domain/OS where these
  types do not exiest. In general, it is better to always
  use Uchar Ushort Uint Ulong from utypes.h
- Since cdrtools-1.10a08, there are compile problems on RedHat-6.2
  I cannot yet see the reason, but it looks like either the
  system include files or the compiler are behaving inconststent.
  During autoconf, a test for the presence of the types caddr_t
  and caddr_t failes but later in the compilation they are present.
  As autoconf believes that the types are not present, it
  creates two #define caddr_t and #define daddr_t lines in
  the file incs/*/xconfig.h If you remove them cdrtools should
  compile.
  I am sorry, but I don't have RH-6.2 and thus cannot invstigate
  for the reason. I see no automated way to circumvent the problem.
  I hope that Read Hat will provide a patch for RH-6.2.

- Cdda2wav:
- Support for TOC of DVD-audio (M/S/F overflow).

- Readcd:
- compiles again on K&R compilers

- Mkisofs:
- All sources from the mkisofs/diag directory now should be
  large file aware.

* Wed Dec 06 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a08-1]
- All:
- Seventh phase of libscg restructuring
  It seems that we don't need to change much anymore...
- New changes to update the VMS support
- VMS now supports ATAPI
- Libscg OS part for SunOS now compiles correctly even on SunOS-4.x
- Makerule support for Win98 ME
- Makerule support for Win NT-5.0 aka w2000
- changed rules1.dir to circumvent a bug in bash-2.01
- First Large File support tests in autoconf
- includefiles & libschily restructured for largefile support.
- README.os2 gives a hint to the Joliet bug on OS/2
- README.multi now has a hint about problems with multi-session
  and Joliet
- README.linux now has a hint for the non existing binary comatibility
  on Linux. It has been added after a user reported that a binary
  cdrtools RPM for RH-6.2 did not run correctly on RH-6.2

- Rscsi:
- Noe using a autoconf test for socklen_t

- Cdda2wav:
- astoll() moved to libschily

- Mkisofs:
- mkisofs now also compiles without -DUSE_LIBSCG
- -DNON_UNIXFS for VMS removed (need to check if it still compiles)
- Include File structure completely rewritten.
  The old portability code from Eric now has been completely removed
  and replaced by reusable code snipplets in suportable incude files.
  This makes portability finally clean and is needed to add largefile
  support in the near future.

* Fri Nov 24 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a07-1]
- All:
- Sixth phase of libscg restructuring
  It seems that we don't need to change much anymore...
- Autoconf test for caddr_t & dadr_t
- printf %p format for 64 bit architectures corrected.

- Cdrecord:
- Impelemented workaround for a firmware bug in ACER drives:
- Fixed some typo's in the on-line help
- Updated README.multi

- Mkisofs:
- Print an easy to parse string to stdout when called with -print-size

* Tue Nov 14 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a06-1]
- All:
- Sixth phase of libscg restructuring
  It seems that we don't need to change much anymore...
- include files updated to support C++ compiling
- README.compile updated
- Remove target before trying to install a hardlink.
  This allows to replace old mkhybrid versions by the new
  unified mkisofs hard link.

- Rscsi:
- USER= test and test for hostname are now using a pattern matcher.
- the TARGET= label in /etc/default/rscsi has been replaced by ACCESS=
  This is done to make the file /etc/default/rscsi look similar
  to the file /etc/default/rmt for the rmt server that comes with 'star'.

- Mkisofs:
- Disabled old (Eric style) UNIX backup special handling of
  the characters '#' and '~'. This code created completely
  unreadable ISO images with an endless directory loop.

   RPMs are built on a Pentium II 400mhz w/256megs RAM with RedHat 6.2
   plus updates from ftp://updates.redhat.com installed.

   These files are also available on the following sites
   ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/falsehope/pub/cdrtools
   ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/sites/ftp.falsehope.com/cdrtools
   ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/rpms/cdrtools

PGP Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.pgp.key
GPG Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.gpg.key
--
| Ryan Weaver                        || emails: ryanw infohwy com          |