parted-1.4.5-1

   If you wish to be removed from the RedHat Mailing list see the URL
   at the end of this email because I have *NO* control over *YOUR*
   subscription to it. Thanks for your cooperation.

   RPMs Built and Announced at about Fri Dec 29 08:27:55 2000.

   parted-1.4.5-1.src.rpm                                534555
   parted-1.4.5-1rh62.i386.rpm                           252677
   parted-boot-1.4.5-1rh62.i386.rpm                      235044
   parted-devel-1.4.5-1rh62.i386.rpm                     128763

   Main archive is located at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/parted
   Mirror locations and build machine information listed below.

   RPMs are built with rpm version 3.0.5.
   Required programs listed are either updates or are not in the default
   RedHat 6.2 installation.

Name: parted                       Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version: 1.4.5                             Vendor: Andrew Clausen <clausen gnu org>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:26:03 AM CST
Install date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:27:03 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Applications/System           Source RPM: parted-1.4.5-1.src.rpm
Size: 718023                           License: GPL
GNU Parted is a program that allows you to create, destroy,
resize, move and copy hard disk partitions. This is useful for
creating space for new operating systems, reorganising disk
usage, and copying data to new hard disks.

Requires:
   Package                          Distribution (Or Url)
   ncurses-5.0-12                   Red Hat Linux

Name: parted-boot                  Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version: 1.4.5                             Vendor: Andrew Clausen <clausen gnu org>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:26:03 AM CST
Install date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:27:21 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Applications/System           Source RPM: parted-1.4.5-1.src.rpm
Size: 492824                           License: GPL
This package includes a stripped down version of parted that can be used
as part of a boot/rescue disk.

This is just the binary. Renamed to parted-boot.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: parted-devel                 Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version: 1.4.5                             Vendor: Andrew Clausen <clausen gnu org>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:26:03 AM CST
Install date: Fri 29 Dec 2000 08:27:22 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Development/System            Source RPM: parted-1.4.5-1.src.rpm
Size: 367245                           License: GPL
This package includes the header files and libraries needed to
statically link software with libparted.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

%CHANGELOG
* Fri Dec 29 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[parted-1.4.5-1]
- documented PedConstraint and PedAlignment (doc/API)
- made incompatible change to API: changed ped_constraint_exact()
  now takes a PedGeometry, not a PedPartition (what was I thinking?!)
- the bug fix in 1.4.5-pre3 (wrap-around bug) was wrong. Fixed
  properly now.
- made the FAT16 <-> FAT32 conversion messages more friendly
- ext2_mkfs() now makes sparse file systems by default
- rearranged ext2_mkfs() a bit, and separated generation of the
  super block
- fixed bug in ext2_mkfs(): if there isn't enough room for per-group
  metadata in the last block group, then chop it off!
- fixed ext2 bug in ext2_is_data_block() in ext2.h. I forgot to
  endian-awarenize (?) it!!!
- FAT resizer now avoids changing the fat type (FAT16 or FAT32)
  in script mode
- removed error checking, after the "point of no return" in the
  FAT resizer
- updated documentation, adding info about FAT16 <-> FAT32, and
  boot loaders
- fixed nasty wrap-around bug in fat_construct_directory()
  and fat_convert_directory(), when directories have their last
  cluster/sector filled.
- merged in FAT32 boot loader fix (now copies the "hidden sectors")
- merge FAT fix from 1.2.14-pre1
- Apple_Free partitions have status 0x0 (not 0x33)
- fixed _ext2_get_resize_constraint(). constraint->min_size was
  calculated in (ext2) blocks, not 512 byte sectors. (patch from
  Matt Wilson)
- commented out "this is not a block device", because it already
  warns about "this is not SCSI/IDE", etc.
- added another example to the documentation
- made the "unable to align partition" error message a bit more
  understandable, and allow the problem to be ignored.
- added an assertion to ext2_is_data_block(), to make sure the block
  is in the file-system.
- added a note about "make install-libs" for e2fsprogs

* Thu Nov 30 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[parted-1.4.4-1]
- fixed a brain-dead bug in ext2_meta.c:109. This bug causes
  growth of ext2 all file systems, that require more GDT blocks
  to get corrupted!!! OUCH!!!
- fixed regression tests, to test GDT growth
- ped_device_add() adds to the end now
- added a check in /proc/partitions for devices
- added error checking to both versions doinode(). Hmmm, do I like
  this idea of 2 doinode()'s?
- finalized the copyright assignments, and now we can get rid of
  lots of annoying bureaucracy (read: s/Andrew Clausen, Lennert
  .../Free Softw.../g)
- changed "cp FROM-MINOR [TO-DEVICE] TO-MINOR" to
  "cp [FROM-DEVICE] FROM-MINOR TO-MINOR"

* Fri Nov 24 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[parted-1.4.3-1]
- added ped_file_system_clobber_exclude(), and resize/copy now use it.
- fixed hfs_clobber() and reiserfs_clobber()

* Sun Nov 19 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[parted-1.4.2-1]
- fixed a few mistakes in doc/USER (thanks Stefan!)
- now uses the en_US locale for numbers. (quick fix, because the
  "lexer" isn't properly i18nized yet - I'll fix this properly
  next week, because I intend to do Major Surgery TM on the
  command parser anyway). Basic problem is: the lexer says a
  number is [0-9.]+, but in Europe, s/\./,/.
- loop-back is now probed last.
- removed dependance on <linux/fs.h>
- discovered that type-casts have high precedence. oops.
  s/(long) EXPR/(long) (EXPR)/, which fixes seg faults on PPC.

* Wed Nov 15 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[parted-1.4.1-1]
- added read-only support (useful for disk imaging from CD-ROMs)
- changed default behaviour to warnings such as "not a block device" (in
  libparted/device.c) to PED_EXCEPTION_IGNORE.
- removed the scary "development version only TM" message.  OOPS!

   RPMs are built on a Pentium II 400mhz w/256megs RAM with RedHat 6.2
   plus updates from ftp://updates.redhat.com installed.

   These files are also available on the following sites
   ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/falsehope/pub/parted
   ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/sites/ftp.falsehope.com/parted
   ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/rpms/parted

PGP Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.pgp.key
GPG Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.gpg.key
--
| Ryan Weaver                        || emails: ryanw infohwy com          |