cdrtools-1.10a06-1

   RPMs Built and Announced at about Tue Nov 14 17:23:09 2000.

   cdrtools-1.10a06-1.src.rpm                           1242701
   cdrtools-cdda2wav-1.10a06-1rh62.i386.rpm              124246
   cdrtools-cdrecord-1.10a06-1rh62.i386.rpm              297465
   cdrtools-devel-1.10a06-1rh62.i386.rpm                  91246
   cdrtools-mkisofs-1.10a06-1rh62.i386.rpm               191651

   Main archive is located at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/cdrtools
   Mirror locations and build machine information listed below.

   RPMs are built with rpm version 3.0.5.
   Required programs listed are either updates or are not in the default
   RedHat 6.2 installation.

Name: cdrtools-cdda2wav            Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a06                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Tue 14 Nov 2000 05:18:07 PM CST
Install date: Tue 14 Nov 2000 05:21:07 PM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Applications/Sound            Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a06-1.src.rpm
Size: 252953                           License: GPL
A sampling utility for cdrom drives that are capable of sending audio
cd data in digital form to your host. Data can be dumped into wav or
sun format sound files. Options control the recording format (stereo/mono;
8,12,16 bits; different rates).

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: cdrtools-cdrecord            Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a06                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Tue 14 Nov 2000 05:18:07 PM CST
Install date: Tue 14 Nov 2000 05:21:12 PM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Applications/Archiving        Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a06-1.src.rpm
Size: 751643                           License: GPL
Cdrecord allows you to create CD's on a CD-Recorder (SCSI/ATAPI).
Supports data, audio, mixed, multi-session and CD+ discs etc.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: cdrtools-devel               Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a06                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Tue 14 Nov 2000 05:18:07 PM CST
Install date: Tue 14 Nov 2000 05:21:12 PM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Development/Libraries         Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a06-1.src.rpm
Size: 329935                           License: GPL
The cdrecord distribution contains a SCSI user level transport
library.  The SCSI library is suitable to talk to any SCSI device
without having a special driver for it.

Cdrecord may be easily ported to any system that has a SCSI device
driver similar to the scg driver.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: cdrtools-mkisofs             Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a06                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Tue 14 Nov 2000 05:18:07 PM CST
Install date: Tue 14 Nov 2000 05:21:12 PM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Applications/System           Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a06-1.src.rpm
Size: 799915                           License: GPL
This is the mkisofs package.  It is used to create ISO 9660
file system images for creating CD-ROMs. Now includes support
for making bootable "El Torito" CD-ROMs.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

%CHANGELOG
* Tue Nov 14 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a06-1]
- All:
- Sixth phase of libscg restructuring
  It seems that we don't need to change much anymore...
- include files updated to support C++ compiling
- README.compile updated
- Remove target before trying to install a hardlink.
  This allows to replace old mkhybrid versions by the new
  unified mkisofs hard link.

- Rscsi:
- USER= test and test for hostname are now using a pattern matcher.
- the TARGET= label in /etc/default/rscsi has been replaced by ACCESS=
  This is done to make the file /etc/default/rscsi look similar
  to the file /etc/default/rmt for the rmt server that comes with 'star'.

- Mkisofs:
- Disabled old (Eric style) UNIX backup special handling of
  the characters '#' and '~'. This code created completely
  unreadable ISO images with an endless directory loop.

* Sun Nov 05 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a05-1]
- All:
- Fifth phase of libscg restructuring
  It seems that we don't need to change much anymore...
- libscg/scsi-linux-sg.c now returns version information for
  pg driver if apropriate.
- Corrected a typo in scsi-aix.c that prevented compilation
  of libscg on AIX
- Autoconf now checks for valloc()
- Autoconf now checks for time_t
- Autoconf check for Gygwin-B20 vs. Cygwin-1.x
  Now all commands should compile on both versions of Cygwin
- ************************
  Should change all programs to test for IS_CYGWIN and IS_CYGWIN_1
  in future because Cygwin is going to chang macros from __CYGWIN32__
  to __CYGWIN__ in future.
  ************************
- Rules for HP-9000-800
- Better autoconf for HP-UX
- Checked and corrected format strings for printf like functions.
  This makes 64 bit support more correct.

- Rscsi:
- Add $(SCSILIB) to Makefile to allow linking on e.g. FreeBSD/CAM

- Cdrecord:
- Only warn once for the problem with the IOmega ZIP USB drive problems.
  This are DMA overrun problems.
- Map PIONEER CD-WO DR-R504X to DEV_PIONEER_DW_S114X according to a
  hint from philip merge com
- Change sample macro to ssample in cdrecord.h
  to make compilation on Cygwin-1.x easier
- Try to deal with the new include file structure of Cygwin-1.x

- Cdda2wav:
- superfluous cdda2wav/saveargs.h removed
- CD-Text disabled for SONY    CD-RW  CRX100E  1.0
  This has been done from the hint of an owner and looks
  questionable.

- Mkisofs:
- Man Page corrected regarding CDextra & -graft-points
- According to a report, Cygwin-1.x translates filenames to IDO-8859-x
  mkisofs now also defaults to iso8859-1 mapping on Cygwin-1.x instead
  of "cp437"
- New option -no-pad
- Now default to create padding on the ISO output image

* Mon Sep 11 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a04-1]
- All:
- Fourth phase of libscg restructuring
  - scg_havebus() routine made consistent for several OS.
  - Now even all debug messages from libscg go to stderr
  - Remote-SCSI (SCSI Anywhere) protocol added in librscg
    Note that remote SCSI is also a good method for
    formal (experimental) verification of the libscg interface.
    A remote transport implementation may only implement
    known "official" features of a library interface.
    The fact that rscsi now works for 4 weeks helped me to fix
    several small problems in the interface. Since about a
    week, no problem has been observed.
  - libdeflt enhanced to allow multiple labels

- Rscsi:
- This is the first external release of the Remote-SCSI protocol
  which gives you SCSI-Anywhere features.

- Cdrecord:
- Fixed a bug in drv_mmc.c that caused cdrecord to core dump if a drive
  returns speed == 0
- Call scg_settarget() in scsi_scan() to get a valid SCSI * when
  trying to get the SCSI hostadapter ID
- Add several workarounds for Philips ATAPI firmare found e.g. in Iomega Zip USB
  drives and possibly many other other Philips OEM based systems.
  Philips drives have the worst firmware I've ever seen. In addition, Philips
  rejects to give me samples. If there was not the sample I got from
  Iomega there would have been no chance to support these drives.
  - Add a workaround for a bug in the mode sense implementation
    in Philips ATAPI firmware. The drive sends too many bytes
    if a program reqests less than 4 bytes with a 10 byte mode sense
    command. This causes a DMA overrun which may only be cured by
    a reset (at least if the drive is connected via a ATAPI/USB bridge).
    Note that the method cdrecord uses (and which causes the problem)
    is explicitly noted as the official method to find out whether a
    drive supports a certain mode page.
  - Enhance the number of bytes transferred at minimum for read ATIP
    from 2 to 4 bytes because Philips ATAPI drives otherwise cause
    a DMA overrun.
  - read_disk_info()
  - Issue a test_unit_ready() before trying to check for a ATAPI drive
    to circumvent a bug in Philips ATAPI firmware that causes the drive
    to be reset on some SCSI commands.

- Cdda2wav:
- Now allows Remote SCSI too

- Readcd:
- Now allows Remote SCSI too

- Mkisofs:
- Now allows Remote SCSI too
- add a warning when Joliet extensions are used without Rock Ridge

* Mon Aug 28 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a03-1]
- All:
- Fixed a typo in schily.h
- Third phase of libscg restructuring
  - Fixed several bugs in the new error printing routines
    that caused junk to be printed in some cases.
  - reset from libscg now distinguishes between Bus reset
    and target reset.
  - Trying to limit the needed include files in
    scsitranp.c and scsihack.c so potential name space
    conflicts with the low level transport code are
    limited.
  - OS dependaent low level SCSI transport code now is completely
    separated from the upper layers.
  - SCSI address data now is completely encapsulated.
- The changes made during the last 14 days are the most extensive changes
  made in one step during the last 14 years.
- Although many things changed, the interface for applications did not
  change much. Only all places that derefer members of the SCSI address
  need to be changed to now use the official access macros.
  I hope that the programming interface may now be stable for many years.
  The only forseeable reason to again change the interface would be the
  implementation of asynchronuous commands (e.g. starta command and wait
  for the completion later). As most OS do not support this, we may safely
  assume that it will not be implemented soon.

- Cdrecord:
- Now first tries to reset the target and then does a SCSI Bus
  device reset.
- Modified not to use scgp->scsibus/scgp->target/scgp->lun anymore
- Hack for a mysterioys drive ....
  Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
  Version        : 0
  Response Format: 1
  Vendor_info    : 'RWD     '
  Identifikation : 'RW2224          '
  Revision       : '2.53'
  Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.

  which seem to have some OPC problems.

- Cdda2wav:
- Modified not to use scgp->scsibus/scgp->target/scgp->lun anymore

- Readcd:
- Modified not to use scgp->scsibus/scgp->target/scgp->lun anymore

- Mkisofs:
- Fixed a bug with graft dirs
  -graft-points will now correctly work with filenames that have all
  '=' chars escaped.
- Patch from James Pearson: discard Newline in list files only if really
  present.

   RPMs are built on a Pentium II 400mhz w/256megs RAM with RedHat 6.2
   plus updates from ftp://updates.redhat.com installed.

   These files are also available on the following sites
   ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/falsehope/pub/cdrtools
   ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/sites/ftp.falsehope.com/cdrtools
   ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/rpms/cdrtools

PGP Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.pgp.key
GPG Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.gpg.key
--
| Ryan Weaver                        || emails: ryanw infohwy com          |