parted-1.4.2-1

   RPMs Built and Announced at about Sun Nov 19 12:17:05 2000.

   parted-1.4.2-1.src.rpm                                525012
   parted-1.4.2-1rh62.i386.rpm                           245661
   parted-boot-1.4.2-1rh62.i386.rpm                      231261
   parted-devel-1.4.2-1rh62.i386.rpm                     124062

   Main archive is located at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/parted
   Mirror locations and build machine information listed below.

   RPMs are built with rpm version 3.0.5.
   Required programs listed are either updates or are not in the default
   RedHat 6.2 installation.

Name: parted                       Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version: 1.4.2                             Vendor: Andrew Clausen <clausen gnu org>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Sun 19 Nov 2000 12:15:42 PM CST
Install date: Sun 19 Nov 2000 12:16:31 PM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Applications/System           Source RPM: parted-1.4.2-1.src.rpm
Size: 709735                           License: GPL
GNU Parted is a program that allows you to create, destroy,
resize, move and copy hard disk partitions. This is useful for
creating space for new operating systems, reorganising disk
usage, and copying data to new hard disks.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: parted-boot                  Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version: 1.4.2                             Vendor: Andrew Clausen <clausen gnu org>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Sun 19 Nov 2000 12:15:42 PM CST
Install date: Sun 19 Nov 2000 12:16:48 PM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Applications/System           Source RPM: parted-1.4.2-1.src.rpm
Size: 489400                           License: GPL
This package includes a stripped down version of parted that can be used
as part of a boot/rescue disk.

This is just the binary. Renamed to parted-boot.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: parted-devel                 Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version: 1.4.2                             Vendor: Andrew Clausen <clausen gnu org>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Sun 19 Nov 2000 12:15:42 PM CST
Install date: Sun 19 Nov 2000 12:16:48 PM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Development/System            Source RPM: parted-1.4.2-1.src.rpm
Size: 361307                           License: GPL
This package includes the header files and libraries needed to
statically link software with libparted.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

%CHANGELOG
* Sun Nov 19 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[parted-1.4.2-1]
- fixed a few mistakes in doc/USER (thanks Stefan!)
- now uses the en_US locale for numbers. (quick fix, because the
  "lexer" isn't properly i18nized yet - I'll fix this properly
  next week, because I intend to do Major Surgery TM on the
  command parser anyway). Basic problem is: the lexer says a
  number is [0-9.]+, but in Europe, s/\./,/.
- loop-back is now probed last.
- removed dependance on <linux/fs.h>
- discovered that type-casts have high precedence. oops.
  s/(long) EXPR/(long) (EXPR)/, which fixes seg faults on PPC.

* Wed Nov 15 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[parted-1.4.1-1]
- added read-only support (useful for disk imaging from CD-ROMs)
- changed default behaviour to warnings such as "not a block device" (in
  libparted/device.c) to PED_EXCEPTION_IGNORE.
- removed the scary "development version only TM" message.  OOPS!

* Mon Nov 13 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[parted-1.4.0-1]
- added ./configure --enable-all-static
- mac_partition_new() now sets the name to "untitled".
- added an assertion, that the disk has the PED_DISK_TYPE_EXTENDED
  feature, for extended partitions, in ped_partition_new()
- file systems only get ped_file_system_clobber()'d if mkfs is
  supported for that fs
- fixed hfs_probe()
- fixed some bugs with the mac_partition_align() stuff
- cleaned the doc/USER a bit more
- Mac bug fixes & reorganisation
- mac_partition_align() - greedily takes up free space now, if it
  is consistent with the constraints.
- set policy for _partition_align() - must be in update mode. Changed
  other functions to meet this.
- fixed a stupid bug introduced in 1.4.0-pre6, in libparted/disk_dos.c,
  read_table() Was passing a pointer to a pointer of a constraint,
  as opposed to the pointer.
- much hacking on Mac support
- fixed a bug in libparted/disk_mac.c, that broke mkpart*.
  In mac_partition_new(), it was checking for failure, but missed out the '!'.
- commented out the linux-swap Linux 2.0 warning. It annoys more users
  than it helps.
- hacked around the mac-boot & no-HFS problem, by setting the file system
  temporarily, in mac_partition_set_system() (YUCK!)
- applied a patch from Masahiro Sakai <ZVM01052 nifty ne jp>. Now uses
  mbs* as opposed to iconv. That fixes lots of brokeness, but there may
  be problems for utf-8 users... but this will be solved by gettext in future.
- fixed the annoying linux-swap on mac bug (it was trying to set the
  swap flag, before setting the partition type to linux-swap, which
  caused the Mac disk label code to complain)
- fixed a bug in ped_constraint_solve_nearest() - errr to complicated
  to explain - easier to look at the diff. Basically: I wasn't taking
  the intersection of the allowable start and end ranges properly,
  WRT min_start.
- removed some memory leaks from libparted/disk_dos.c, around the
  constraint stuff.
- fixed boot flag stuff for Mac
- docs have been massively updated (ages ago...)
- merged in changes to 1.2.10-pre3 (notably: malloc() debugging, and
  all the bugs / leaks fixed as a result ;-)
- added ped_disk_remove_partition()
- mac fixes: writes new signature now, s/Apple_Unix/Apple_UNIX/g
- reiserfs_probe() - doesn't probe outside of the partition any more ;-)
- lots of work on API docs
- added a bit to the documentation about how to deal with the boot disk,
  when it doesn't support your hardware

   RPMs are built on a Pentium II 400mhz w/256megs RAM with RedHat 6.2
   plus updates from ftp://updates.redhat.com installed.

   These files are also available on the following sites
   ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/falsehope/pub/parted
   ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/sites/ftp.falsehope.com/parted
   ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/rpms/parted

PGP Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.pgp.key
GPG Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.gpg.key
--
| Ryan Weaver                        || emails: ryanw infohwy com          |