powertweak-0.1.17-1

   RPMs Built and Announced at about Tue Oct 10 09:27:54 2000.

   powertweak-0.1.17-1.src.rpm                           294235
   powertweak-0.1.17-1rh62.i386.rpm                      117824

   Main archive is located at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/powertweak
   Mirror locations and build machine information listed below.

   RPMs are built with rpm version 3.0.5.
   Required programs listed are either updates or are not in the default
   RedHat 6.2 installation.

Name: powertweak                   Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version: 0.1.17                            Vendor: Dave Jones <dave powertweak com>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Tue 10 Oct 2000 09:23:37 AM CDT
Install date: Tue 10 Oct 2000 09:25:51 AM CDT      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Applications/System           Source RPM: powertweak-0.1.17-1.src.rpm
Size: 280794                           License: GPL
Powertweak is a utility for tweaking your Linux system to peak performance.
It can tune many parts of your system. Tunes PCI devices to use optimal
settings. Enables performance enhancing features of the CPU(s).

Requires:
   Package                          Distribution (Or Url)
   glib-1.2.8-0_helix_1             Helix GNOME 0.2.1 (for Red Hat Linux 6.x)
   gtk+-1.2.8-0_helix_1             Helix GNOME 0.2.1 (for Red Hat Linux 6.x)
   libxml-1.8.10-0_helix_1          Helix GNOME 0.2.1 (for Red Hat Linux 6.x)

%CHANGELOG
* Mon Oct 02 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[powertweak-0.1.17-1]
- Someone found a nasty bug in 0.1.16 where changing from a
  2.4 kernel back to a 2.2 kernel meant the system died when
  Powertweak was run.
- This tree is no longer actively developed.
  If you want new features check out the CVS tree, or wait
  until the new release sometime _really_ soon now.

* Thu Aug 31 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[powertweak-0.1.16-2]
- Added a missing file to file list. Thanks go to
  Agustin Navarro <anp cantv net> for reporting this to me.

* Tue Jun 06 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[powertweak-0.1.16-1]
- Installer missed out procentry.xml which was quite important..
- Improvements in procentry.xml
  Updated descriptions.
  Fixed typos.
  Increased tweak ranges.
- Updated RPM specs.  [Ryan Weaver]
- Minor makefile improvements.
- Removed some crufty leftovers from the archive.

* Mon May 22 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

- Submitted patch to author to fix included spec file in source.
- Removed /usr/share/powertweak and /var/log/powertweak because they
  are not used.
- Now installing gpowertweak.man and powertweakconfig.man. (debian dir)
- Now installing logrotate config file for /var/log/powertweak.log (debian dir)

  [powertweak-0.1.15-1]
- The PCI tuning now works again.
- Added workaround for gcc bug.
- Fixed problem with tweaks that wanted bits set to 0.
- Inconsistencies in VIA VP3 tweak definitions fixed.
- 'Kernel' & token-ring /proc tuning options [Alan Cox]
- CDROM tweaking now works.
- Annoying 'saving' debugging printf disabled.
- Added RPM specs. [Ryan Weaver]
- autoconf/automake cleanups. [Caolan McNamara, Arjan, myself]

* Fri May 19 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[powertweak-0.1.14-1]
- proc pages of the GTK GUI are now generated using XML.  [Arjan Van de Ven]
- A new /proc pane for CDROM tweaking [Arjan Van de Ven & Jens Axboe]
- Possibility to read config file from alternative location [Nicholas Dronen]
- AMD 751 support.  [Juan J. Quintela]
- CPU detection now detects Celerons properly, and Cyrix III.
- Removal of pci.ids. If you want to use the PCI stuff, you _must_
  have a recent version of PCI Utilities installed.
- Note, that with this release, you now NEED the following..
  PCI Utilities (At least version 2.1.0)
  LibXML (At least version 1.8.0)

   RPMs are built on a Pentium II 400mhz w/256megs RAM with RedHat 6.2
   plus updates from ftp://updates.redhat.com installed.

   These files are also available on the following sites
   ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/falsehope/pub/powertweak
   ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/sites/ftp.falsehope.com/powertweak
   ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/rpms/powertweak

PGP Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.pgp.key
GPG Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.gpg.key
--
| Ryan Weaver                        || emails: ryanw infohwy com          |