modplug-xmms-1.5a-1

   RPMs Built and Announced at about Fri Feb 16 10:28:17 2001.

   modplug-xmms-1.5a-1.src.rpm                           296374
   modplug-xmms-1.5a-1rh62.i386.rpm                      164953

   Main archive is located at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/modplug-xmms
   Mirror locations and build machine information listed below.

   RPMs are built with rpm version 3.0.5.
   Required programs listed are either updates or are not in the default
   RedHat 6.2 installation.

Name: modplug-xmms                 Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.5a                              Vendor: Kenton Varda <temporal gauge3d org>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Fri 16 Feb 2001 10:22:25 AM CST
Install date: Fri 16 Feb 2001 10:26:33 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.falsehope.com
Group: Applications/Multimedia       Source RPM: modplug-xmms-1.5a-1.src.rpm
Size: 390998                           License: GPL
Modplug-XMMS is a fully featured, complete input plugin for XMMS which
plays mod-like music formats. It is based on the mod rendering code from
ModPlug, a popular windows mod player written by Olivier Lapicque,
found at http://www.modplug.com

Requires:
   Package                          Distribution (Or Url)
   xmms-1.2.4-1.20010212cvs1        FalseHope RPMs

%CHANGELOG
* Fri Feb 16 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[modplug-xmms-1.5a-1]
- Due to a misunderstanging between Olivier (creator of ModPlug) and
  myself, I incorrectly reported that version 1.5 had polyphase and
  spline resampling when this was not the case.
- Added (for real this time!) spline and 8-tap fir resampling modes,
  written by Markus Fick.
- Preamp now correctly saves its state when you exit.
- Other minor bug fixes.

* Wed Jan 24 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[modplug-xmms-1.5-1]
- Latest Modplug sound engine, including the following changes:
  - Polyphase resampling. I don't know what this is, but it sounds
    good. :) (Reminder: I, Kenton Varda, did not write the sound
    engine. Olivier did that. :)
  - Support for MT2 and PSM mod formats.
  - Obscure pitch-shifting bug fixed. Now you can play IT files
    generated by OpenSPC, among other things.
- Bzip2 support contributed by Colin DeVilbiss .
- Configurable preamp.
- Changed endianness setting to make big-endian (PPC) ports work
  again.

* Sun Jun 18 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[modplug-xmms-1.3a-1]
- Looping!  Check the configure dialog.
- New IT filters, using the same algorithm as impulse tracker itself.
- IT file comments supported.
- No more crash when you press stop while paused.
- Blank mod names are replaced by the filename.
- Possibly works on Solaris-x86 now.
- Better zip and rar support.  (should support every archive now)
- Compiles faster (almost twice as fast!).
- Glade project files are now included with the source code.

* Mon Apr 10 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[modplug-xmms-1.2-1]
- New file formats recognised:
    S3Z, S3R, S3GZ, XMZ, XMR, XMGZ, ITZ, ITR, ITGZ
  These are all compressed file formats.  Note that the compression
  format of a compressed mod is determined by extension, but the mod
  format is NOT.  So, you could zip an XM and give it the extension
  MDZ and it would work.
- If you try to load a ZIP, RAR, or GZ file that happens to contain a
  mod, it will be played.
- Multi-file archives work.  Only the first mod found in the archive
  will be played, but non-mods will be ignored as they should be.
- Buffering fix.  If you were experiencing choppy sound before, try
  this version.
- File info for compressed mods works.
- Trying to close a window using the window manager's close button
  no longer causes crashes.
- Compressed mods with spaces either in the internal filename or in
  the archive's filename work fine.

* Mon Feb 28 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

- Initial RPM Build.

  [modplug-xmms-1.1.1-1]
- Fixed minor installation bug that could have affected a few systems.

  [modplug-xmms-1.1-1]
- Latest ModPlug source from Olivier Lapique.
- You can now play compressed mods of the following formats:
  - .MDZ: Standard zipped mod.
  - .MDR: Rar compressed mod.
  - .MDGZ: Gzipped mod.  (not available on Windoze! :)
  Note: To play these formats, you need to have the associated
  decompression utilities (unzip, gunzip, unrar) installed.
- gtk-- is no longer required.
- Fixed bug where files with capitalized extensions did not have their
  names loaded until they were played.
- GUI looks a bit nicer.
- Easier to install.  (automake/autoconf)

   RPMs are built on a Pentium II 400mhz w/256megs RAM with RedHat 6.2
   plus updates from ftp://updates.redhat.com installed.

   These files are also available on the following sites
   ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/falsehope/pub/modplug-xmms
   ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/sites/ftp.falsehope.com/modplug-xmms
   ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/rpms/modplug-xmms

PGP Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.pgp.key
GPG Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.gpg.key
--
| Ryan Weaver                        || emails: ryanw infohwy com          |