xmms-crossfade-0.2.3-1

   If you wish to be removed from the RedHat Mailing list see the URL
   at the end of this email because I have *NO* control over *YOUR*
   subscription to it. Thanks for your cooperation.

   RPMs Built and Announced at about Tue Jan  2 09:04:06 2001.

   xmms-crossfade-0.2.3-1.src.rpm                        186494
   xmms-crossfade-0.2.3-1rh62.i386.rpm                    74961

   Main archive is located at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/xmms-crossfade
   Mirror locations and build machine information listed below.

   RPMs are built with rpm version 3.0.5.
   Required programs listed are either updates or are not in the default
   RedHat 6.2 installation.

Name: xmms-crossfade               Relocations: /usr
Version: 0.2.3                             Vendor: Peter Eisenlohr <p eisenlohr gmx net>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Tue 02 Jan 2001 09:03:16 AM CST
Install date: Tue 02 Jan 2001 09:03:32 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.infohwy.com
Group: Applications/Multimedia       Source RPM: xmms-crossfade-0.2.3-1.src.rpm
Size: 184272                           License: GPL
XMMS Output Plugin for Crossfading / Continuous Output.
Features Include:
* Crossfading
* Continuous output
* Gap-Killer: Some mp3-encoders produce small gaps of silence
  at the beginning or end of the stream. These can automatically
  be detected and removed.

Requires:
   Package                          Distribution (Or Url)
   glib-1.2.8-0_helix_1             Helix GNOME 0.2.1 (for Red Hat Linux 6.x)
   gtk+-1.2.8-0_helix_1             Helix GNOME 0.2.1 (for Red Hat Linux 6.x)
   xmms-1.2.4-1.20010102cvs1        FalseHope RPMs

%CHANGELOG
* Tue Jan 02 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xmms-crossfade-0.2.3-1]
- Added automatic album songchange detection. XMMS-crossfade can now
  detect pre-faded tracks (like on live albums or some compilations)
  and automatically disable crossfading.
- Fixed a bug which caused the Leading gap length setting not to be saved.
- Fixed automatic buffer size calculation.
- Minor, mostly cosmetic updates of the configuration dialog.
- Configure script updates.

* Sat Dec 02 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xmms-crossfade-0.2.2-1]
- Just some small bugfixes. See the ChangeLog for details.

* Tue Nov 28 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xmms-crossfade-0.2.1-1]
- Automatic buffer size calculation
- Force close/reopen of output plugin during crossfade.
  This is useful with the disk_writer plugin.
- Bugfixes

* Sat Nov 18 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[xmms-crossfade-0.2-1]
- Use any existing output Plugin
- Set crossfading parameters separately for  manual and automatic
  songchange
- Set fade length/volume separately for fade-in and out
- Almost complete rewrite of the code. A few new files have been
  added. Some routines have been separated from the main code and
  put into separate files (oss.c, rate.c, format.c, effect.c).

* Fri Jun 30 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

- initial RPM Build.
  [xmms-crossfade-0.1.1-1]
- Fixed effect plugin handling. All effects which used the
  query_format() callback did not work, including QSound iQ.
  Also, effects are now applied after crossfading and synchronous
  to device output. The LiveIce plugin will work now, too.
  Thanx to Olle Hällnäs and Jamie Zawinski for help on this one.
- Fixed a bug which could cause crashes when saving config
- Fixed a crash when crossfading between slow inputs
  (like a cdrom spinning up)
- Closing the monitor window no longer unchecks the "Show Buffer
  Monitor" option in the configuration dialog
- Fixed bad synchronization with analyzer/visualization output.
  Also changed "Known Bugs": The analyzer will always work, even
  with no buffers at all.
- Enabled crossfading on manual songchange!
  This has been requested by numerous people.
- Added support for arbitrary rates. Now it is possible to play
  files with rates other than the standard 11025, 22050 and 44100.
  Thanx to Thomas Nilsson for reporting.
- Changed default buffer sizes to 2500/750.
- Moved Credits from AUTHORS to README

  [xmms-crossfade-0.1.1-1]
- Initial release

   RPMs are built on a Pentium II 400mhz w/256megs RAM with RedHat 6.2
   plus updates from ftp://updates.redhat.com installed.

   These files are also available on the following sites
   ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/falsehope/pub/xmms-crossfade
   ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/sites/ftp.falsehope.com/xmms-crossfade
   ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/rpms/xmms-crossfade

PGP Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.pgp.key
GPG Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.gpg.key
--
| Ryan Weaver                        || emails: ryanw infohwy com          |