vfu-3.03-1

   If you wish to be removed from the RedHat Mailing list see the URL
   at the end of this email because I have *NO* control over *YOUR*
   subscription to it. Thanks for your cooperation.

   RPMs Built and Announced at about Tue Jan  9 15:33:08 2001.

   vfu-3.03-1.src.rpm                                    297949
   vfu-3.03-1rh62.i386.rpm                               179359

   Main archive is located at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/vfu
   Mirror locations and build machine information listed below.

   RPMs are built with rpm version 3.0.5.
   Required programs listed are either updates or are not in the default
   RedHat 6.2 installation.

Name: vfu                          Relocations: /usr
Version: 3.03                              Vendor: Vladi Belperchinov-Shabanski "Cade" <cade biscom net>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Tue 09 Jan 2001 03:30:27 PM CST
Install date: Tue 09 Jan 2001 03:30:53 PM CST      Build Host: hellstone.falsehope.com
Group: Shells                        Source RPM: vfu-3.03-1.src.rpm
Size: 395499                           License: GPL
VFU is console (text mode) file manager for UNIX. It has all usual
file oprations plus more:

- Extended completition and wildcard expansion
- Directory tree with sizes (incl. sizes cache)
- File-type colorization (extension and type)
- Archives support (TAR, TGZ, BZ2, and many more)
- Simple FTP support through archive-like interface
- Internal text/hex file viewer and editor (optional)
- Extensive user-defined external support/utils
- Regular expressions selection and search
- Multiple file masks
- One-key commands
- And more...

Requires:
   Package                          Distribution (Or Url)
   ncurses-5.0-12                   Red Hat Linux

%CHANGELOG
* Tue Jan 09 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[vfu-3.03-1]
- Documentation fixed to address directory bookmarks in the
  vfu.conf correctly. ( bookmark#=path )
- Added option for VFU to handle Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+\ as
  it is expected (suspend,interrupt,quit).
  To use it you have to export UNICON_NO_RAW environment var
  with any value. ( for bash: `export UNICON_NO_RAW=1' )
- User menu is fixed.
- Change directory completion menu is now sorted.
- Sequential rename function added (Tools/Rename menu)
- Now directory sizes cache is removed from the directory
  tree, so you can have directory sizes saved even if you
  don't have directory tree built.

* Tue Aug 01 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[vfu-3.02-1]
- Several DJGPP (DOS/Win9x) portability fixups.
- Fixed problem with input line for long directory names.
- Fixed directory tree sizes calculation.
- Added inode size cache for directories that are new to the currently
  saved directory tree. (unix version only)
- Fixed major bug in file move procedure.
- Fixed extension masking `for all' in user externals.
- Now all path lists in vfu.conf (like TrimTree) are `:' separated
  (or `;' for dos version)

* Thu Jun 08 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[vfu-3.01-1]
- Fixed SeeEditor bug when editing new files (that does not exist)
- Fixed install script to se correct permissions.
- Fixed build.netbsd to se correct global configuration files locations.
- GlobalSelect/HideDotFiles added.
- Fixed build.netbsd.
- Now directory tree automation (rescanning etc.) is
  disabled by default (see Options/AutoDirTree).
- Fixed zero-sized files bug in SeeViewer.
- Alt+B browse/view current file w/o filters.
- Now install script set sample config file into /etc (to get personal
  config file you have to copy /etc/vfu.conf to ~/.vfu/vfu.conf
  or ~/$RC_PREFIX/vfu/vfu.conf if you have set $RC_PREFIX )
- Ctrl+L refresh/redraw page problem is now fixed.
- Several little fixups.

* Mon May 22 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[vfu-3.00-1]
- There are no big changes in the user interface and feel.
- Now reading/extracting archives is removed from inside
  VFU to external (perl) utilities. This will help adding
  new archives and debugging existing ones.
- Now archives' structure is followed as the local file
  system, i.e. you will browse directory by directory
  but not the whole archive content as before. Perhaps
  option for recursive (whole content) browsing will be
  added in the future.
- Now you can cancel copy/move procedures at stage you
  want even during single file copy process!
  (It was not possible in older versions)
- The rare problem of showing total percentages over 100%
  during copy/move is finally (and hopefully:)) fixed.
- Now files in archive can be masked and files mask can
  be changed inside archive.
- Some access/terminal emulation problems are fixed.
  ( i.e. some `difficult' key functions are accessible
  and from menus etc. )

* Thu Jun 03 1999 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[vfu-1.51-1]
- Added a patch to makefiles to pass RPM opt flags to make.
- Made RPM relocatable.

- 1.51: 31.May.99
- Debian `.deb' packages are now supported as archives!
- All paths containing `dir/..' are reduced.
- Now arcive files are recognized by longer extensions
  like `.tar.gz'. Result is proper handling of `.tar.gz'
  and `.tar.bz2' archives.
- Added SEE Viewer filters. Now you can view gzipped files
  and or add filters for viewing man pages etc.
- Added ready `panelizers' command to the RescanMenu
  ( key Ctrl+R ) Can be used as menu alternative to
  external panelize option.
- SEE screen draws improved and `< >' bug is fixed.
- GetDirName function now allows dirs only.
- Added UserMenu ( key `U' ). User external commands
  can be attached not to key but to this menu.
- Bash/Unix-style filename completion added!
- Bash/Unix-style completion is now default one!
- Now entries in the filelist can be moved ( see
  ArrangeMenu/MoveEntry )
- Now VFU keeps current file postition after change
  of sort order.
- Better preserve/copy mode/protection when copy/move
  directory subtrees. ( from RO media for example )
- Fixed erase of own directories without `write'
  permission/mode.
- More examples and comments added to the sampe
  configuration file: vfu.conf.

   RPMs are built on a Pentium II 400mhz w/256megs RAM with RedHat 6.2
   plus updates from ftp://updates.redhat.com installed.

   These files are also available on the following sites
   ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/falsehope/pub/vfu
   ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/sites/ftp.falsehope.com/vfu
   ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/rpms/vfu

PGP Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.pgp.key
GPG Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.gpg.key
--
| Ryan Weaver                        || emails: ryanw infohwy com          |