cdrtools-1.10a12-1

   RPMs Built and Announced at about Mon Jan 22 09:09:02 2001.

   cdrtools-1.10a12-1.src.rpm                           1285972
   cdrtools-cdda2wav-1.10a12-1rh62.i386.rpm              132463
   cdrtools-cdrecord-1.10a12-1rh62.i386.rpm              333186
   cdrtools-devel-1.10a12-1rh62.i386.rpm                 100948
   cdrtools-mkisofs-1.10a12-1rh62.i386.rpm               205563

   Main archive is located at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/cdrtools/alpha
   Mirror locations and build machine information listed below.

   RPMs are built with rpm version 3.0.5.
   Required programs listed are either updates or are not in the default
   RedHat 6.2 installation.

Name: cdrtools-cdda2wav            Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a12                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Mon 22 Jan 2001 09:07:52 AM CST
Install date: Mon 22 Jan 2001 09:08:34 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.falsehope.com
Group: Applications/Sound            Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a12-1.src.rpm
Size: 256304                           License: GPL
A sampling utility for cdrom drives that are capable of sending audio
cd data in digital form to your host. Data can be dumped into wav or
sun format sound files. Options control the recording format (stereo/mono;
8,12,16 bits; different rates).

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: cdrtools-cdrecord            Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a12                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Mon 22 Jan 2001 09:07:52 AM CST
Install date: Mon 22 Jan 2001 09:08:43 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.falsehope.com
Group: Applications/Archiving        Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a12-1.src.rpm
Size: 889270                           License: GPL
Cdrecord allows you to create CD's on a CD-Recorder (SCSI/ATAPI).
Supports data, audio, mixed, multi-session and CD+ discs etc.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: cdrtools-devel               Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a12                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Mon 22 Jan 2001 09:07:52 AM CST
Install date: Mon 22 Jan 2001 09:08:44 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.falsehope.com
Group: Development/Libraries         Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a12-1.src.rpm
Size: 340896                           License: GPL
The cdrecord distribution contains a SCSI user level transport
library.  The SCSI library is suitable to talk to any SCSI device
without having a special driver for it.

Cdrecord may be easily ported to any system that has a SCSI device
driver similar to the scg driver.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

Name: cdrtools-mkisofs             Relocations: /usr
Version: 1.10a12                           Vendor: Joerg Schilling <schilling fokus gmd de>
Release: 1                             Build Date: Mon 22 Jan 2001 09:07:52 AM CST
Install date: Mon 22 Jan 2001 09:08:44 AM CST      Build Host: hellstone.falsehope.com
Group: Applications/System           Source RPM: cdrtools-1.10a12-1.src.rpm
Size: 852236                           License: GPL
This is the mkisofs package.  It is used to create ISO 9660
file system images for creating CD-ROMs. Now includes support
for making bootable "El Torito" CD-ROMs.

Requires:
   Standard Red Hat 6.2 installation

%CHANGELOG
* Mon Jan 22 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a12-1]
- All:
- Seventh phase of libscg restructuring
  It seems that we don't need to change much anymore...
- Some more mimor hacks to approach a complete port to
  Apollo Domain/OS

- Mkisofs:
- libhfs_iso now corrected a comparison between unsigned and < 0
- libhfs_iso now sets the HFS fileattributes ro read olny
  Thanks to James Pearson.
- Support for Apple character codings. Thanks to James Pearson.
- Man Page rewritten to make the problem with code sets easier to
  understand. Note that most of the problems with character
  codings would not be present if Microsoft would not use UTF-16
  Unicode coding which does not comply to POSIX
- -quiet now makes mkisofs really quiet.
- make libfile a cleaner library
- Changed option parsing to allow EBCDIC commandline codes

* Mon Jan 08 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a11-1]
- All:
- Seventh phase of libscg restructuring
  It seems that we don't need to change much anymore...
- getargs() now supports long long parameters (needed for large files).
- First Apollo Domain/OS Rules
- Support for broken usleep() on Apollo Domain/OS

- Libscg:
- small structural changes that move tests that make sense for all
  into scsitransp.c
- Added pre-aplha support for Apollo Domain/OS

- Mkisofs:
- More flexible options for rationalized id's/permissions
  from "E. Jay Berkenbilt" <ejb apexinc com>
  Specifically, the following options have been added:
    -uid            specifies the uid of the owner of all files
    -gid            specifies the gid of the owner of all files
    -file-mode      specifies the mode for files
    -dir-mode       specifies the mode for directories
    -new-dir-mode   specifies the mode for directories "invented" by mkisofs

* Fri Dec 29 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a10-1]
- All:
- Seventh phase of libscg restructuring
  It seems that we don't need to change much anymore...
- *************** General Large File Notes ********************
  If you have problems with compiling the large file aware programs
  on your OS, look for all files called Makefile or '*.mk' and
  remove the lines that contain:
  CPPOPTS +=      -DUSE_LARGEFILES
- ************** IMPORTANT ************************************
  Since cdrtools-1.10a08, there have been compile problems on RedHat-6.2
  and SuSE 6.4
  It seems that hese problems are a result of bugs in glibc-2.1.3
  I changed the autoconf code and hope that now this lib will not
  be detected as large file aware.
- fctldefs.h modifued to support flock()
- libscg cast for SGI code to suppress a warning
- libscg: struct scsi renamed to struct scg_scsi to enable again
  compilation on AIX

- Cdrecord:
- Cast resource limit to long long for better SGI support

- Readcd:
- readcd now by defult truncates th output file
- New option -notrunc to get the old behaviour

* Mon Dec 11 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a09-1]
- All:
- Seventh phase of libscg restructuring
  It seems that we don't need to change much anymore...
- Allow ENOTTY as indicator for an illegal ioctl(). In case
  somebody from the Linux kernel team learns that the correct
  errno for an illegal ioctl is ENOTTY instead of EINVAL.
  This would allow libscg to switch back to the non-ioctl
  version of the interface in this case.
- If you have problems with compiling the large file aware programs
  on your OS, look for all files called Makefile or '*.mk' and
  remove the lines that contain: CPPOPTS +=      -DUSE_LARGEFILES
- Trying to avoid the 'type' u_char, u_int & u_long
- Autoconf test for u_char, u_int & u_long.
  This was needed for Apollo Domain/OS where these
  types do not exiest. In general, it is better to always
  use Uchar Ushort Uint Ulong from utypes.h
- Since cdrtools-1.10a08, there are compile problems on RedHat-6.2
  I cannot yet see the reason, but it looks like either the
  system include files or the compiler are behaving inconststent.
  During autoconf, a test for the presence of the types caddr_t
  and caddr_t failes but later in the compilation they are present.
  As autoconf believes that the types are not present, it
  creates two #define caddr_t and #define daddr_t lines in
  the file incs/*/xconfig.h If you remove them cdrtools should
  compile.
  I am sorry, but I don't have RH-6.2 and thus cannot invstigate
  for the reason. I see no automated way to circumvent the problem.
  I hope that Read Hat will provide a patch for RH-6.2.

- Cdda2wav:
- Support for TOC of DVD-audio (M/S/F overflow).

- Readcd:
- compiles again on K&R compilers

- Mkisofs:
- All sources from the mkisofs/diag directory now should be
  large file aware.

* Wed Dec 06 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>

[cdrecord-1.10a08-1]
- All:
- Seventh phase of libscg restructuring
  It seems that we don't need to change much anymore...
- New changes to update the VMS support
- VMS now supports ATAPI
- Libscg OS part for SunOS now compiles correctly even on SunOS-4.x
- Makerule support for Win98 ME
- Makerule support for Win NT-5.0 aka w2000
- changed rules1.dir to circumvent a bug in bash-2.01
- First Large File support tests in autoconf
- includefiles & libschily restructured for largefile support.
- README.os2 gives a hint to the Joliet bug on OS/2
- README.multi now has a hint about problems with multi-session
  and Joliet
- README.linux now has a hint for the non existing binary comatibility
  on Linux. It has been added after a user reported that a binary
  cdrtools RPM for RH-6.2 did not run correctly on RH-6.2

- Rscsi:
- Noe using a autoconf test for socklen_t

- Cdda2wav:
- astoll() moved to libschily

- Mkisofs:
- mkisofs now also compiles without -DUSE_LIBSCG
- -DNON_UNIXFS for VMS removed (need to check if it still compiles)
- Include File structure completely rewritten.
  The old portability code from Eric now has been completely removed
  and replaced by reusable code snipplets in suportable incude files.
  This makes portability finally clean and is needed to add largefile
  support in the near future.

   RPMs are built on a Pentium II 400mhz w/256megs RAM with RedHat 6.2
   plus updates from ftp://updates.redhat.com installed.

   These files are also available on the following sites
   ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/falsehope/pub/cdrtools
   ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/sites/ftp.falsehope.com/cdrtools
   ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/rpms/cdrtools

PGP Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.pgp.key
GPG Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.gpg.key
--
| Ryan Weaver                        || emails: ryanw infohwy com          |