[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- From: redhat-announce-list-admin redhat com
- To: RPM Announce Mailing List <rpm-announce falsehope com>
- Cc: RedHat Announce Mailing List <redhat-announce-list redhat com>,Lezz Giles <giles world std com>
- Subject: trueprint-5.3-1
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:12:28 -0500
RPMs Built and Announced at about Tue Jul 10 08:10:42 2001.
Main archive is located at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/trueprint
Mirror locations and build machine information listed below.
RPMs are built with rpm version 4.0.2.
Required programs listed are either updates or are not in the default
RedHat 7.1 installation.
Name: trueprint Relocations: /usr
Version: 5.3 Vendor: Lezz Giles <giles world std com>
Release: 1 Build Date: Tue 10 Jul 2001 08:09:48 AM CDT
Install date: Tue 10 Jul 2001 08:10:24 AM CDT Build Host: hellstone.grantgeo.com
Group: Development/Tools Source RPM: trueprint-5.3-1.src.rpm
Size: 171784 License: GPL
Distribution: FalseHope RPMs
Packager: Ryan Weaver <ryanw falsehope com>
Summary: trueprint - print program listings on postscript printer.
trueprint is a general purpose program printing program. It tries to
produce everything that anybody could need in a program printout without
the need for large numbers of switches or pipelines. trueprint can
currently handle C, C++, Verilog, shell (including ksh), perl, pascal,
listing files and plain text files.
Standard Red Hat 7.1 installation
* Tue Jul 10 2001 Ryan Weaver <ryanw falsehope com>
- Trueprint now uses autoconf and automake (Paul Smith, and the
book GNU Autoconf, Automake and Libtool by Gary V. Vaughan et al,
published by New Riders).
- Mention of trueprint.uu removed from README (Othmar Pasteka).
- Suffix .pike added for pike programs (Othmar Pasteka).
- Added include of sys/types.h before sys/stat.h to support FreeBSD
- README.mswin removed (John Morey).
- If there isn't an lp or lpr command on your system when you run
configure, trueprint will now be built to send postscript output
to stdout by default (Othmar Pasteka).
- Choice options like --landscape and --option were broken due to a
serious bug in options.c (Paul Smith).
- Added Canon LBP 3260 (Bjorn Wingman).
- Added HP Laserjet 1100 (Peter Green).
- Fix for handling arithmetic << in Perl (Peter Green).
- Added --new-sheet-after-file and --no-new-sheet-after-file, from a
suggestion by David Karr.
* Fri Feb 18 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>
- Fixed bug that ignored the double-sided/single-sided setting
for printers in the printers file.
* Mon Feb 14 2000 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>
- Added NEC SuperScript 870 printer details (Craig Pinfold).
- Added A4 settings for HP Laserjet 4 Si MX (Ian Brown).
- Use configure to find the proper install tool (George Lindholm).
- Use mandir and man1dir vars in Makefile properly (Michael Somos).
- Added missing colon to printers file (Michael Somos).
- Handle unknown language with a message instead of a core dump
- Added -R to specify postscript level (Ian Brown).
- Initialize use_environment in main() (Ian Brown and others).
- Added <stdlib.h> to lang_java.c to get abort() (Ian Brown).
- C++ comments are now recognized in C code. OK, this isn't ANSI
but GCC is a better standard than ANSI any day... :-) This solves
a problem reported by Bruce Tenison.
- Changes made to support compiling for Microsoft Windows
platforms are added (Ian Brown).
- Option -u added: --u will suppress even minimal headers, footers
and left margin line (suggested by... )
- When using the perl5 "use subs" pragma, trueprint incorrectly
identifies "s" as a subroutine. This is fixed in lang_perl.c with
a fix submitted by Jim Eshleman.
- Added printer HP Laserjet 8100N (Kris Berbeeck).
- Added printer CalComp (sorry, I lost the name of the contributor -
send me a mail and I'll add it in the next release)
- Added support for language pike (see pike.idonex.se) (Martin Bahr).
- Rewritten man page (see author in the man page itself).
* Thu Nov 04 1999 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>
- Still patching Makefile to make rpm installation easier.
- make check now uses gmtime instead of localtime, so you
don't need to live in Boston to have the tests succeed.
- make check now ignores any DEFAULT_OPTS that might be set
- If the output is sent to a postscript file then it is
no longer created with the execute bits set.
- In version 5.0 the documentation stated that the default
behaviour was to NOT have page breaks after functions; however
the code disagreed with the documentation. The code has been
changed to fit. If you want to change this back, set
DEFAULT_OPTS in trueprint.h to "--page-break-after-function"
- .pm is now recognized as a suffix for a perl file.
- Minor tweaks were made to the Makefile to make it easier
to generate a RPM package.
- Postscript comments generated correctly with page information.
- With no line numbers or braces depth, a thin line is still
printed on the lhs of each page.
- In headers, footers and other strings, %c and %C can be used
to get the modification time of the file in short or long format.
- When using stdin, the "filename" in headers and footers appears
as "-" instead of "stdin" as it did in earlier versions.
- -r/--redirect-output sends output to .ps file named after 1st arg
- -L/--minimum-line-length sets the minimum line length for
lines produced using intelligent line wrap.
- A dummy gettext() is now included in case gettext() doesn't exist
on the system.
- The standard GNU files getopt.c, getopt1.c and getopt.h are included
in case the system doesn't have getopt_long.
- A bug in shell language handling which caused a coredump is fixed.
- Perl should print POD documentation as comments.
- I had many people suggest that the printers file should
move; I'm not moving it yet though. My plan is to change
the format of the printers file to include (among other things)
options to be used for each queue, the possibility of multiple
virtual printers for one queue, passing options through to
lp or lpr (so you can e.g. select paper from different trays),
and (most important) a version id so that all future versions
of trueprint will be able to read older printer files. When
I make this change I'll move the printers file so that older
versions of trueprint will still be able to find a printers
file they understand in /etc.
- Various other minor changes were also made.
* Thu Jul 29 1999 Ryan Weaver <ryanw infohwy com>
- Initial RPM Build
- Changed code to adhere to GNU coding standards.
- Added long options. Short options that used to start
- with '+' now start with '--', e.g. +I is now --I.
- Default is "off" for page breaks after function calls.
- Added texinfo documentation.
RPMs are built on a Pentium II 400mhz w/128megs RAM with RedHat 7.1
plus updates from ftp://updates.redhat.com installed.
These files are also available on the following sites
PGP Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.pgp.key
GPG Key can be found at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/Ryan_Weaver.gpg.key
[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next]